Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Gray/Ebony 84k unmodified

Hybrid View

FS: 2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Gray/Ebony 84k unmodified

This hurts my heart a little bit but... I am considering selling my beloved RS6. I'm potentially moving from an inside sales career to a traveling sales career, so I don't wish to put over 20k miles per year on it and pay for the big ticket items every couple of years. That's a job for a mundane A4 or a Golf TDI, not a 450hp biturbo beast.

2003 Audi RS 6 Quattro
    VIN: WUAPV64B23N905607
    Daytona Gray Pearl Effect over Ebony interior with wood trim
    Optional factory sound enhancing exhaust with black tips

This example has just over 84,000 miles on the odometer. The condition is exceptional but not completely flawless; minor wear can be found here and there from city parking. The vehicle was purchased and serviced its whole life at Audi Bernardsville in Bernardsville NJ, and I have the complete service records to prove that. Included with the car are all keys (2 master 1 valet 1 plastic), manuals, carpeted and rubber all-weather floor mats, trunk cargo net, and all discs for the navigation system.

Timing belt service and front/rear brake rotors and pads were completed at 67k when I purchased it. DRC (Dynamic Ride Control) recall performed at 37k. I just completed the 75k maintenance interval which included full synthetic oil and filter change, iridium spark plugs, air filters, cabin filter, and internal cleaning of the intercooler hoses. The fuel filter is still due and I will make sure it is changed before the sale; it requires a special tool to access. Tires are Continental Extreme Contact DW and have more than 50% tread life. Car is completely stock with the exception of 35% window tint. MOST importantly, this is a late build date VIN, so the transmission is unlikely to blow up and cost you $$$ to fix like the early VIN cars. In the time I've had the car, the only unexpected repair was a faulty coolant temperature sensor which cost me $27 to fix.

I viewed and test drove 3 other RS 6's in the Northeast before deciding on this one. It was BY FAR the nicest one I could find within a 500 mile radius, and was well worth the trip; I promise it will be worth your trip!

Asking $20,500 or best offer. The car is financed through my local credit union so payment of the balance of the loan must be made to them to release the title (usually takes 5-7 days; I will garage the car and it will not be driven once an agreement is made) and the remainder to me upon picking up the car. Please contact me if you have any questions; thank you!!

2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Price drop: $19,750 o.b.o.

Looks REALLY clean/nice ! ...GLWS
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Patience, this is a nice example of the breed, and no mods to scare off the uninitiated. GLWS!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Very nice. Shouldn't be too hard finding a buyer with eyes open nationally for a nice example like this one.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I really don't want to sell it, in fact I'm thinking of sucking it up and daily driving the BRZ to save on gas if I take this new job (I pamper the BRZ because it's my first brand new car and I factory ordered it). Oil change, trans and differential fluid and fuel filter get done this week.

I am replacing all 8 front control arms, sway bar endlinks, and hardware, replacing the DRC struts with Koni shocks (new front strut mounts too), and replacing the leaking steering rack with a low-mileage used unit. Excited to see how she rides after the refresh! Price is back up to $20,500obo

PM'd contact me @ 401 4744155 - text before calling is preferable. thanks.

The car now has all of the following maintenance performed:

-85k oil change
    -Koni struts (rears set to lowest perch setting)
    -Front strut mounts
    -034 Motorsport front control arm kit (includes sway bar end links)
    -used steering rack from 53k-mile RS6 (tight, clean, no leaks)
    -inner and outer tie rod ends
    -fuel filter
    -transmission rear output shaft seal
    -wheels professionally refinished
    -four wheel alignment

The car has been largely sitting in the garage since I bought my Porsche in April and now needs an alternator, so I'll be doing that shortly. Mileage is just under 85,050.

I forgot to mention have a second set of OEM RS6 wheels with basically-new Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tires available also; can be included if my asking price is met.
    Last edited by Turbowned; August 27th, 2015 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    The car now has all of the following maintenance performed:

-85k oil change
    -Koni struts (rears set to lowest perch setting)
    -Front strut mounts
    -034 Motorsport front control arm kit (includes sway bar end links)
    -used steering rack from 53k-mile RS6 (tight, clean, no leaks)
    -inner and outer tie rod ends
    -fuel filter
    -transmission rear output shaft seal
    -wheels professionally refinished
    -four wheel alignment

The car has been largely sitting in the garage since I bought my Porsche in April and now needs an alternator, so I'll be doing that shortly. Mileage is just under 85,050.

I forgot to mention have a second set of OEM RS6 wheels with basically-new Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tires available also; can be included if my asking price is met.
    we should meet up before you sell it.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Definitely!

Welp... still for sale. Car looks good on the Konis; I need to take new pictures.

Imho

If you put 10sec tune on this car for 500.....you would sell that Porsche in an instant. You have no idea what you are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Imho

If you put 10sec tune on this car for 500.....you would sell that Porsche in an instant. You have no idea what you are missing.
    This...it's a sad day when someone accepts stock power levels. I'm +75/125 and still want more!!! Now the transmissions, well that's the other side.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Let's be real; even with another 75hp it doesn't change the fact that the car weighs 4,060lbs. It doesn't magically take all the weight off the nose and give the car fantastic steering feel. It doesn't materialize a clutch pedal in the footwell. It still won't be faster around a circuit. I absolutely love my RS6 and my 911 so much and honestly can't decide on which one to sell, but one probably has to go if I want to have a savings account left in a couple years.

However! It looks like I might be taking a job that would allow me to take the subway into Boston, so if I can stop driving 20k+/yr that would be a huge help. Eventually, one or both of these is going to give way to an 07-08 Aston DB9 if all goes well ;-)
    Last edited by Turbowned; September 25th, 2015 at 19:27.

Hi - I was the second owner! Is it still for sale?

Add new Interstate battery and rebuilt alternator to the list. She handles nice and tight with the new suspension! Still in no rush, waiting for the right person to come along. Meanwhile I build equity for a down payment on whatever I fancy next...

New pictures here:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5367334194.html

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Add new Interstate battery and rebuilt alternator to the list. She handles nice and tight with the new suspension! Still in no rush, waiting for the right person to come along. Meanwhile I build equity for a down payment on whatever I fancy next...

New pictures here:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5367334194.html
    Let me know if you want to part with the extra set of wheels....
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS