Thread: RS6 2003 Timing belt

RS6 2003 Timing belt

Hi!
    What is the change intervall for the timing belt on a RS6-03? The service manual states 60 000 km, but I've heard that it has been revised to 90 000 km.
    The last time it was replaced on my car was at 170 000 km and that was in 2007. The car today is at 210 000 km.
    I have to repair the gearbox (surprise...) and wondering if I should replace the timing belt at the same time.

Regards,
    /m

TB every 30-35,000 miles, or 5 years. Upper rollers even sooner sometimes. Do the associated parts also, water pump, aluminum coolant pipe, check cam chain tensioners. Nene just posted a great list last week...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Marcus, I would stick with the normal schedule, and if you don't put that many miles/KM on your car, you should do visual check of the belts as well. The can show some degradation over the years, with cracks on the belts and such. You can remove the engine undertray while the car is on ramps and check the belts visually.
    The default schedule is about 35K miles or 55K KM as also stated by @Iswing. You can find various places that sell a full kit. I got my kit from an RS6.com group buy. Found that blauparts.com sells the full kit that includes water pump and thermostat as well. Full details by clicking the link provided.

I had a few other things that needed to get done. You can find my 70K mile list by clicking here.
    These vehicles are quite an investment and extreme fun to drive. Before the car needs anything, find a couple of good options close to you. However, be accepting of finding a shop that may not be so close, but is reputable as well. If you can find a place close by that is great.

Thanks for all your help! I've ordered the TB-kit from blauparts and my techincian will change it when they repair my gearbox.