Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C5 RS6 Coolant Slowly Escaping

Reading this site is making me feel as if I have a ticking time bomb, might just be better off buying an R32... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Knowa View Post
    Pressure test might be a good idea, thanks man! I think I even have the stuff to do it myself. what kind of pressure does the system operate at under normal driving conditions?
    Most coolant systems are 13-15psi.

Reading this site is making me feel as if I have a ticking time bomb, might just be better off buying an R32... LOL
    Don't be misled. Same can be said with ANY car....the piddly R32 included.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    11. Plastic coolant pipe bridging the block and the primary oil cooler assembly.

How on earth did you forget that one.....
    Ha! Right. How was that one missed. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Does it matter where I put the pressure in?
    My thought is to take that small hose that comes from the plastic bottle in fire wall, and seal the part on bottle, then connect that hose to a compressor with a gauge... and pressure to 15 PSI

Fair play on the R32 comment. all cars have issues.
    Last edited by Knowa; February 22nd, 2015 at 07:48.

Hi guys,

I found the water leak, it is coming from the front right corner of the car. I would like to do this properly, has anyone done a guide on removing the front bumper?

Thanks for the help this far.

Hi guys,

I found the water leak, it is coming from the front right corner of the car. I would like to do this properly, has anyone done a guide on removing the front bumper?

Either coolant/oil cooler pipe or aux radiator. Radiators are bolted right behind ICs, not the worst to inspect. Use "site:rs6.com bumper removal" in Google. Also Bufkin Pipe if that's what's needed, although I think it usually leaks oil.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Most coolant systems are 13-15psi.

Don't be misled. Same can be said with ANY car....the piddly R32 included.
    Our R32 has been much much much much much much much much much mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo mo reliable than Crazy...

Well- The R32 did require new brake pads recently after 70K miles. It has not dropped any oil or coolant to date. Other than the scheduled maintenance, the R32 has not been in the shop. It is a ton of fun to drive.

However; I can't argue with the fact every car has issues...;0
    210K miles rolled

^^^Nice ride for your teenager
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

^^^ too funny

LOL- It has been a great reliable car for her. 45 mile round trip to high school (and many other travels) during those years. Easy to maneuver, safe, did I mention reliable, a bit of power for the highway mergers, and the brakes nicely stop the thing. It ruled out her trying the old "I couldn't get the car started" late curfew excuse.

It is now tooling her around for her first college year.

edit: Funny story. One of her male passengers at college was arguing with her about the stopping power. Something about his big truck could stop just as fast. Well...she decided to pull into one of the large college parking lots, sent it up to about 50 and stomped on the brakes bringing it to a nice stop. She told me that stopped the argument.
    210K miles rolled

Hi guys,

I see you found the leak already but figured I would share this anyways. This has helped me many times before. You can rent a similar tool at most auto parts stores.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150301_113031.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	16088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150301_103049.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	16089

Oh and you would need the green threaded adapter for most VAG cars.

Hi guys,

Here's hoping it's a passenger aux radiator, one of the hoses feeding the aux radiator, or a lower rad hose. You do not want it to be the oil cooler pipe.

Normally when I see that on the V8's it's the water pump leaking.

Water Pump will be replaced as soon as those parts arrive... I'm hoping its not the issue or the car is grounded until that time.

@ Iswing - Thanks for the link, will check it out and get to it.