Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open dumps!!!!

Very nice, looks clean. I might have to go this route soon. I really like the stock SE exhaust, but would be great to open it up and hear the engine scream.

What were your total costs around?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Those switches are sweet! I had to drill a hole in plastic and mount the switch that came with the kit in the middle. Where do you buy those switches??
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Grey
    2011 Volkswagen CC Deep Black Pearl

@Iswing all in I paid around $600. I did the stainless exhaust.

Thanks! I've seen the switches from eBay and parts stores, just search around for funk or blank switch for c5 a6. You will have one or two spots to put one into upper middle of dash by TC.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I wonder if the switch would work, being on/off? Where my switch has to open and close by holding the switch down until it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by giles.dec View Post
    I wonder if the switch would work, being on/off? Where my switch has to open and close by holding the switch down until it opens.
    Edit: Funk is momentary switch (press and hold)
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Found the funk switch available here: http://advancedautomotion.com/shop/p...roducts_id/230

Video with good sound please!!!! Just in the driveway would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Video with good sound please!!!! Just in the driveway would be great...
    ^ x2 doing the same thing while I have everything apart but haven't yet decided on the dump valves to go with. Curious how you wired the switch.

So if you press and hold to open the dumps, how do you close?

I will get a video, sound is crazy good. Start up with dump open is my favorite, and the copious backfires that sound like fireworks... Weather is cold in Cincinnati, on the first nice (warm) day ill put the go pro on it.

I have the QTP e-cutouts. Installed literally right in front of the mufflers. I wanted them as far back as possible. I have cutouts in the AllRoad right after the cats..... at stop lights the exhaust comes in the car. This is much better, and less noise in the car, less vibration from the floor boards. I still have the center resonators, but I think I'm going to get rid of them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    I have the QTP e-cutouts. Installed literally right in front of the mufflers. I wanted them as far back as possible. I have cutouts in the AllRoad right after the cats..... at stop lights the exhaust comes in the car. This is much better, and less noise in the car, less vibration from the floor boards. I still have the center resonators, but I think I'm going to get rid of them soon.
    Do you have a picture? This is the route I want to take so it would be great to be able to provide my exhaust shop some examples of what I want done...
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

yes. video and pic would be fantastic. curious, also, what difference in sound would be with the center resonators gone. I'm removing the center section tomorrow to change the drive shaft for the manual swap.

Pulled my exhaust tonight so I can install manual drive shaft. I might have the cut outs welded right where the squeeze clamp is located between the rear muffler and middle resonator. My question is; has anyone installed after the middle resonator but before rear mufflers? I'm wondering how this would sound? Do the center resonators actually muffle the sound quite a but by themselves?

Car sounds almost identical with and without resonators....

Sorry; but, it'll sound almost the same if I put the cut outs before or after resonators? Still nice and loud to install after resonators and before rear mufflers? I apologize if I'm being repetitive just want to be sure before spending the money.

I completely eliminated the entire section of the resonators (just undo the clamps on both ends) and replaced that with stainless pipe, which I installed the cut outs on. With the cut outs closed and the dumps closed, it sounds almost identical to the stock sound. It's the fuel tank that will give you issues (with heat underneath). If you don't want to remove the whole pipe/resonator, just put the dumps before it, but it will be right underneath your seat, be ready for an ass massage haha.