Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 70K Service List

Exclamation My 70K Service List

My car is about to hit 65K miles and since I have a small leak on both valve cover gaskets, I figured I'd take care of the 70K mile service and then some.
    Here is my list of items being listed to do, and where the parts were purchased from, and part numbers.
    I am having this done at Audi by a qualified technician. Has worked on the car in the past and offered a great deal; will know more once all done.

- Valve cover gaskets
    Part Number: 077198025A (set of 2)
    Purchased from ECSTuning.com; they sell each side separately or you can buy a set; chose the genuine Audi set;

- Timing belt
    Purchased the whole kit on the RS6.com group buy; preventive maintenance given I am close to 70K miles; you can buy the whole kit from blauparts.com
    The RS6.com kit included the Water Pump and Thermostat; the blauparts.com kit is enhanced to include these as well;

- Cam tensioner and seals
    Purchased the whole kit from blauparts.com

- O2 sensors
    Part Number: 1K0998262AB (set of 4)
    Purchased from ECSTuning.com; chose the genuine Audi set;

- Coolant sensor and retainer clip
    Part Numbers: 059919501A (coolant sensor); 032121142 (retaining clip)
    Coolant sensor and retainer clip

- N75 diverter valves
    Part Number: 06A145710P (set of 2)
    This is mainly for preventive maintenance, given the car is now 12 years old; purchased from ECSTuning.com

- Alternator/Voltage Regulator
    Part Number: 077903015RX (alternator); 0031546506 (voltage regulator)
    I have not had any issues thus far, and found on RS6.com that usually the voltage regulator is what can fail due to age;
    Purchased the Voltage Regulator instead and this will be done as part of preventive maintenance;
    Got the part from RMEuropean.com

- Bufkin oil cooler pipe
    Purchased from James Bufkin PE Bufkin Design and Engineering (jamesbufkin@bufkinengineering.com);
    Great and quick service on getting the part; preventive maintenance; no issues with the stock plastic piece, but it is known to fail;
    Useful details and installation instructions;

- G40 camshaft position sensor
    Part Number: 058905161B
    Purchased from RMEuropean.com;
    Preventive maintenance given the age of the stock part;

- Motor mounts
    Part Number: Left: 4B3-199-379-J Right: 4B3-199-379-M
    Purchased at the dealer; preventive maintenance given the age of these items;

- Starter assembly
    Part Number: unknown at this time
    Purchased at the dealer; preventive maintenance given the age of this item;

- Oil and filter service
    Purchased at the dealer; required given the valve cover gasket service;

- Transmission fluid service
    Purchased at blauparts.com

- Check for any oil leak on turbos

I decided to post this list because I compiled it from various previous posts. Lots of information but even so I felt a bit lost until I started to research where to purchase items, and what should be done. Made sense to post in this format for others to help themselves as well.

WOW I'd hate to see that bill....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I'll post the total @Bigglezworth once I know it.
    The worst part is on parts alone that I've purchased, I'm already close to $1.4K in the hole. Some of these parts as most folks are aware, can be expensive.

OK, so sorry for a dumb clarifying question here...but your dealer lets you bring parts!!??

In my case yes. All parts I purchased are Audi genuine parts, or Audi approved parts (tranny oil and Bosch voltage regulator), except for the 'Bufkin oil cooler pipe'.
    My dealer installed the KW v3 suspension. They installed the Mov'it brakes. They know what kind of owner I am and have not had any issues with anything so far. At first I asked and they said they were willing to do the work.

That was a good and valid question @Dmb408.

Great Info

Now I know what to get for my next service, thx

95k and counting
    Bought it at 95k, dealership stated they did the latest service
    ( BTW, when is my next service interval )

Looks very good, nice complete list!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Nene, not many original owners out there but it looks like you drive your original RS6 LESS than Dave!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The problem is that I have to divide my time (as well as wife's time) between many vehicles:
    '15 Macan Turbo, '15 M4 Convertible, '11 550ix, '10 XKR Convertible, '03 RS6

The RS6 is our favorite off course. We love all our forced induction children!
    She volunteers her time and does not really have to go far. Mostly takes public transport. My office is also not very far, and I get to work from home quite a bit. Wish had more time to drive.

^^^ That's a good problem to have! Nice fleet.

Yea you had me at Macan Turbo
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

nene is your "qualified technician" Chris at Audi Westwood? I wouldn't trust anyone else in the area
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

The car has only been serviced at Audi of Westwood. There was another fellow at Westood that worked not my RS but has since left due to health issues (non-related I believe).
    Have you had bad service elsewhere @Turbowned?

No, but what I meant to say was I wouldn't trust my car at just any Audi dealer. There's one guy at Audi Norwell I'd trust, and if you want a good independent shop, talk to Justin Becker at Auto Engineering in Lexington.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Great post! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    Great post! Thank you
    Yes, glad you found it, great info Nene, thanks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

This is awesome, thank you! I'm almost at 65k myself and was considering the same thing. Please do post the bill when you get it...

I could not update the original list, but the service is done. Additional items in the service:
    - EGT sensors (purchased by by tech at dealer)

- Some vacuum hoses that were found to be cracked from age, and at risk of leaking boost pressure

Total bill out-the-door was $6300. That includes labor and all parts purchased at dealer (mentioned above and on the original post).