Thread: bmw owner converts to audi...questions..

bmw owner converts to audi...questions..

RS6 ...im in, and scared as hell. Some of the bills i have seen have been on par with running a prancing horse...

anyhow a few questions..

1 -its a 2004 RS6 avant, bluetooth options, it has a phone kit and nav plus...what are my options please..

2 - Discs, is there a cheaper front disc option than the off loading of many monies...

3 - Steering wheel creak and slight knocks..any ideas i found a video yesterday and now can find it.....

4 - Best place for online purchases in the uk for spares?

5 -why on earth does a v8 have a cambelt.....mines just had one and a new gearbox...

hope anyone can help....

Rs246.com

Unit20 or mrc

Get to know both well

Cheers! What he said^^^...probably cv/driveshafts up front. Take a look at all bushings and replace with Meyle HD as needed.

The front brakes are actually practical for the cost (just don't use EBC Red pads, yellow are fine); and if you think that's bad just wait until other fun things happen
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

what other fun things (reaches for the tablets)?

both cv boots need replacing, so cv joints could be?

jesus havent replaced a cv joint on a car since my first mini......1275 gt...

Well...here are some of the primary costs the last three years. These costs could be less or more, but all potential.

Cam chain adjusters, both sides, $4k with a few other little things.

Steering rack, $3k.

Torque Converter and Trans, $8k....trans labor one year later, and a few other things $3k (trans itself was under warranty).

Rebuilt turbos, $1.5k.

Front auxiliary radiators, $1k.

Koni struts, $1k.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Rebuilt turbos, $1.5k.
    That would have to be just the Turbo's themselves and not the labour to R&R the engine/tranny, and then R&R the turbo's themselves. I would hesitate to guess that if you didn't already have the hulk out due to some other hard to access maintenance item, that replacing/rebuilding the turbos would be a nominal $5-7K at the Stealership or slightly less at an Indy.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

BMW left - Audi right..... Enugh said. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi bmw snow driveway.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	15925
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    That would have to be just the Turbo's themselves and not the labour to R&R the engine/tranny, and then R&R the turbo's themselves. I would hesitate to guess that if you didn't already have the hulk out due to some other hard to access maintenance item, that replacing/rebuilding the turbos would be a nominal $5-7K at the Stealership or slightly less at an Indy.
    Exactly. My Indy already had the lump out for the steering rack, so I chose to have Scroll rebuild them with increased oil flow into the impeller shaft, $1,300. I know there are cheaper ways, but figure that isn't much considering I want them performing and lasting as good as possible.

After the car was all back together, the new rack from Audi failed. After weeks of pulling teeth they sent us another one for free, and my mechanic found a way to swap the rack with the engine in, rarely done, complete pain! And another $1k labor at very fair rates and hours.

Long story short...most of my car is new and I love it!

jeepers i usually only keep my cars for a year so hopefully...., the snow picture yes that said we havent had snow for several years....and i kind of like the conversation "nope i cant get to work the cars not designed to"

iswing how many miles on yours?

so far the rs6 driver "feel" is a bit mute for me, very "im going this way and thats it" sort of car

my 911 has been the best car ive owned in many years, simple thing nothing to go wrong and holds its money brilliantly....but company car policy allows for an rs6 not a 911....

bluetooth options anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ortontom View Post
    bluetooth options anyone?
    For the whole tamale:
    RNS-E with kafatec B/T module (www.OEMPLUS.com) or just order the whole thing from ZAWA.

The OEM text based Nav is Shite as is the 1980's phone in the center console option.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

99k miles, all my repairs/costs are in the last 10k. I drive it as the occasional all weather sports car, had it about 3 years now. I really like the planted/heavier steering feel, solid and really nice under high speed. If you're only thinking one year, you risk a repair in that time that needs to be done before selling and recouping your money. For me it's a multi-year long term investment..