Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: JHM Rotors - who has? Anyone have pulsation issues when new.

It would be nice to compare the rotors side by side with an IR temp gun to check the heat differential in different areas. On this one I would have to lean with Steve again. JHM's look like they have opened up the air gap channels ("to get better airflow") but they are cutting the weight a lot. Less heat sink and less metal support. SHW rotors of the same design as our OEM were used on all of the later Porsche GT3's up until they switched to Carbon Ceramic rotors and I would say Porsche knows Brakes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porsche GT3 Brakes.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	15882

Name:	GT3 Brakes.jpg 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	15883
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I don't know why you're specifically going after Corbett when there is multiple guys in this thread with REAL WORLD experience of having these JHM rotors on an actual RS6

You don't have any experience with this car or this situation at all. So I'm not sure why you're even here copy and pasting different sections of the internet, let alone putting up a fight.

At the end of the day I'm only going to believe ALL of these guys with them on their car. EXPERIENCE.

Cue the link to bedding in pads like no one here knows how to do it.... No one here has changed set-ups multiple times since they all own this super car and drive it like grannys. Might wanna read what you're copy and pasting from the internet because you contradicted yourself. Don't believe everything you read.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

I am not specifically going after anyone. I will reimburse the shipping charges to anyone with the problem willing to donate their rotors to investigate root cause. That is if Essex agrees to examine them.

You are mistaking an investigation for a fight. And I dont have to own an RS6 in order to investigate the reported issues with JHM rotors.

If you have no interest in ever purchasing a set of JHM rotors, and you dont own any at the moment, then just fuck off out of here. You arent ever going to buy them anyway, so what do you care what other people talk about? Seriously, what the fuck do you care what other people are discussing if you have no interest in the product?

Part of the reason for these automotive forums are for enthusiasts and DIY'ers and others to learn about their cars, improvements and modifications and to share experiences. Even if I don't plan on buying a set of their rotors I would be interested/curious to learn why so many have had problems? Is there a fault in the design, metallurgy, pad recommendation, installations? It may help others make informed choices thinking about Brake upgrades. Other than stock their are not a lot of choices, and those that are out there are not cheap. JHM, C6 RS6 rotors w/C5 caliper adaptes, C6 RS6 Brakes w/C6 calipers, Brembo Rotor & Calipers, Stoptech, etc...
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thank you Hahnmgh63. You fucking get it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by v8a6 View Post
    I am not specifically going after anyone.
    Yes you are.

I dont have to own an RS6 in order to investigate the reported issues with JHM rotors.
    Yes you do.

If you have no interest in ever purchasing a set of JHM rotors, and you dont own any at the moment, then just fuck off out of here. You arent ever going to buy them anyway, so what do you care what other people talk about? Seriously, what the fuck do you care what other people are discussing if you have no interest in the product?
    What, Are you 12? You don't even own the car, Why are you even here?? You're simply ignorant to this fact, and I HOPE not employed by JHM. Because if so you're diminishing there credibility with every post.

I have nothing against them, and I probably would have bought the rotors if it wasn't for other real world experience from multiple members who actually own the car.

It's big, fast and It's heavy. These rotors are not up to the task for this car. Pretty simple.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    What, Are you 12? You don't even own the car, Why are you even here?? You're simply ignorant to this fact, and I HOPE not employed by JHM. Because if so you're diminishing there credibility with every post.

I have nothing against them, and I probably would have bought the rotors if it wasn't for other real world experience from multiple members who actually own the car.

LOL, no I am not a JHM employee, and I would agree if a company planted an unidentified employee in ANY internet discussions then I would lose all respect for that company.

If you don't understand why a person involved in an investigation doesnt have to personally have ownership of the product, then you are as dumb as fuck, period. Think about that carefully before you reply.

It's big, fast and It's heavy. These rotors are not up to the task for this car. Pretty simple.
    If it is so simple, then can you explain root cause to everyone here? We are all dying to hear. Please, go ahead and educate us.

If you don't understand why a person involved in an investigation doesnt have to personally have ownership of the product, then you are as dumb as fuck, period. Think about that carefully before you reply.
    You see the thing is, no one asked for your help. No one here needs your help, NO ONE is taking you serious, you have no experience, you have no RS6, you quite frankly have no reason to be here.

If it is so simple, then can you explain root cause to everyone here? We are all dying to hear. Please, go ahead and educate us.
    I can't do that you see, because I have no real world experience with the rotors on my RS6..... but here is what I'm NOT going to do... I'm NOT going to go over to.. lets say... the porshe or lambo forum and start posting random brake links in a thread about a car I don't own, like I know it all. Get it? You're making yourself look like a noob. and I'm trying to save you. I'm done here. Hopefully you get my point by now.

You see the thing is, no one asked for your help. No one here needs your help, NO ONE is taking you serious, you have no experience, you have no RS6, you quite frankly have no reason to be here.
    The second someone opens a thread for discussion on a public forum then it is open for discussion by the public. Are you the guy who says who can and can't post around here?

I can't do that you see, because I have no real world experience with the rotors on my RS6..... but here is what I'm NOT going to do... I'm NOT going to go over to.. lets say... the porshe or lambo forum and start posting random brake links in a thread about a car I don't own, like I know it all. Get it? You're making yourself look like a noob. and I'm trying to save you. I'm done here. Hopefully you get my point by now.
    Thank you so much for trying to save me. Thank you also for admitting you have no idea what the root cause is of the pulsation issues. And thank you for leaving, so that people who are actually interested in figuring out the root cause, can continue their discussion.

I am not specifically going after anyone. I will reimburse the shipping charges to anyone with the problem willing to donate their rotors to investigate root cause. That is if Essex agrees to examine them.

You are mistaking an investigation for a fight. And I dont have to own an RS6 in order to investigate the reported issues with JHM rotors.

I must add here that in all the time I've been here, I've never seen a bigger jerkoff join this forum. Why don't you take your abusive shit somewhere else.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

It is clear that we are not going to be able to determine the root cause of the rotor issues without examining a problem set in person (and ideally it would be with the complete car). So, Ill repeat my invitation...If anyone is having issues of pulsation with JHM rotors, they are not using them, and they are outside warranty period or cannot get the issue resolved with JHM for any reason, then I will pay for the shipping for an expert in braking systems to examine them (Essex or someone else), and hopefully determine if there is any issue with them or not.

The odds are that the vast majority of these issues being reported are due to pad transference of material to the disc. But, that may not account for all of them, so if there is another issue it would be good to know.

Personally, I had one set of JHM rotors on my old car, and Ill be purchasing another set for my 390mm C6 RS6 brakes, if they will produce them.

I had a similar experience in the past with a JHM tune. I had a project car at the time that was having problems, and when I got the JHM tune, a few people on the forums and in person convinced me that it must be the tune that was root cause of the issues. I contacted JHM and they put me in touch directly with their Tuner, when basic troubleshooting couldnt resolve the issue.

Their Tuner spent countless hours with me on the phone, troubleshooting the issues on my car. And guess what? In the end, it had nothing to do with the tune, as JHM knew from the very beginning. Yet still, they worked with me for tens of hours to resolve my issues. That is customer service!

So, when I see someone having problems with a JHM product, and it seems as if people are jumping to a conclusion without logically troubleshooting the issue, then I feel it is in part my duty to try and help. So hopefully Corbett or someone else will donate their rotors to the cause, so future people with pulsation issues will have an idea of the possible causes.

Good Luck OP! Hope you get your problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    I must add here that in all the time I've been here, I've never seen a bigger jerkoff join this forum. Why don't you take your abusive shit somewhere else.
    And you didnt see me join either. I was here on the forums three and a half years before you. So unless you are the forum owner, then beat it.

I stand strongly by my evaluation.....and something tells me I'm not alone with that.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

While uneven pad deposits are the cause of vibration in braking systems "90%" of the time, the root cause in this instance is due to the rotor rings not being properly balanced after manufacturing. There are shops out there that can do this for you for a minimal charge. Now quit quibbling, get your rotors balanced, bed your pads properly, and start enjoying the stop-fast bits you spent your hard-earned money on.

I ran out of popcorn last week or I might have had a dog in this fight.

But really what hahnmgh63 says about JHM opening the air gap is the very first thing that caught my eye years ago. Someone was posting up a group buy on these and one look at metal thickness and my mind said pass.

SHWs all the way for me. No brainer
    Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    It would be nice to compare the rotors side by side with an IR temp gun to check the heat differential in different areas. On this one I would have to lean with Steve again. JHM's look like they have opened up the air gap channels ("to get better airflow") but they are cutting the weight a lot. Less heat sink and less metal support. SHW rotors of the same design as our OEM were used on all of the later Porsche GT3's up until they switched to Carbon Ceramic rotors and I would say Porsche knows Brakes.

Name:	Porsche GT3 Brakes.jpg 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	15882

Name:	GT3 Brakes.jpg 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	15883

Quote Originally Posted by koolade9 View Post
    While uneven pad deposits are the cause of vibration in braking systems "90%" of the time, the root cause in this instance is due to the rotor rings not being properly balanced after manufacturing. There are shops out there that can do this for you for a minimal charge. Now quit quibbling, get your rotors balanced, bed your pads properly, and start enjoying the stop-fast bits you spent your hard-earned money on.
    Really? Nice first post with this enlightening info. How about the manufacturer making them right in the first place. And I think we all know how to bed in pads/new rotors. Many other things at play here.

Edit; these are go slow parts
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Can I ask everyone to please behave.

I'm sure the subject is interesting, but please refrain from getting personal.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

How is this thread still going?