Hello, Names Sam, I'm addicted to boost. With that said, I will be getting into one of these pretty soon and I've been shopping around for the "right" one for me for what seems like an eternity, kinda hard to find the right car at the price you want it to be at.

Well, just curious if any of you would put the effort into saving a rare car such as these, when everything is wrong. I'm definitely a DIY kinda guy and can do all the work myself, I've had many projects (Many DSM's and a few euro cars) in my day and love refreshing/restoring/modding cars. Wife currently owns a B7 S4 and my stepson has a B5 S4. Anyway...

For Example: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4675/overview/

I talked to them, seems the tranny is bad of course, but it also looks like it was treated pretty bad, needs headlights from what I see on the dash error and they said the check engine light was on due to the EGT sensors. it will also need painted as the front end looks horrible. I do think it would make a great 6 speed swap car and while everything is out just clean it all up.... it's one of the colors I want too! ugh.

What I don't understand is how could an owner let a car like that get so far gone? it's a shame

BTW that's the advertised price, the cash price is much less. My wife is saying I should just find a perfect one as I'm probably not ever going to get rid of it once I do get into one, and go from there with mods.

Once I do get into one I'm for sure going to start a refresh/mod thread on it