Thread: Brake pressure sensor G201 - error

Mech Brake pressure sensor G201 - error

Hey guys,

looks like lately my car has decided to push its luck and see how far can i cope with its teenager behavior , i have now the ABS and warning lights on, which do go off once the car is restarted, first time happened a few days ago and this morning the lights came back...error is brake pressure sensor G201, it's been recorded as Intermittent but i am pretty sure it will soon become a permanent one.

I've been reading on internet and it seems to be a very common problem in VAG group, however never heard of it going bad on our cars, does anyone know where is it located? is it part of the ABS unit(as on the other VAG cars) or can it be replaced separately?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Post #11 in DIY has info you need...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...222#post266222

One of the easiest low cost things to repair
    210K miles rolled

i wish it was so, but the brake pressure sensor is different than the brake light switch, looks like the pressure sensor is incorporated within the ABS pump...at least that's what what i know so far from the info i've gathered...

Oops- My mistake and read original post wrong this morning.
    210K miles rolled

Had the same exact symptoms and code earlier this year... I used:

http://www.cheapabs.com/

The ABS module is deceivingly more challenging than it looks to remove... Removing the front drivers-side wheel well liner provides access to the lower bolts on the module. You still need to carefully prey enough clearance (brackets brake lines etc ) to wiggle the module up and out from the topside.

BTW, the car can be driven without an ABS module.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

what exactly do i need to do? should i dismantle the whole ABS unit(pump + module) or can the electronic module be disconnected separately? where exactly is the sensor located? do these guys have spares or do i need to send mine first?

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    what exactly do i need to do? Research and read the website entirety. should i dismantle the whole ABS unit(pump + module) or can the electronic module be disconnected separately? Electronic module can be disconnected separately. where exactly is the sensor located? Somewhere inside the electronic module. do these guys have spares or do i need to send mine first? He may have spares---email and ask... I sent mine in for a 5-day turnaround repair.
    Good luck...
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

thanks a lot for your help, hopefully will be an easy one, famous last words when it comes to these cars

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    The ABS module is deceivingly more challenging than it looks to remove....
    Like a host of items under the hood of this car, it's likely easier to perform a lobatomy and R&R through the tail pipe....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

can say that again...even the easiest job under the hood can turn into a PITA with these spoiled biatches...