Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I went and did it (almost).

I'm in the same boat. I just wired the $ for my first RS6. It's coming in a week or two. It's set up w/the same wheels but black exterior and white interior. I went for the lowest mileage one I could find (53K). Clean history and all maintenance by the book. I felt a little more comfortable buying from an Audi dealership. They did a full eval on the car and it came back w/ only a few minor issues needing to be fixed. I didn't expect it to be perfect, I'm Ok with a few things needing to be dialed. The 3/36k warranty was pricey at $5,500, but it was the only one I could find w/the age/miles of the car. Realistically, I am using the warranty as a back up as I know the warranty won't cover everything. I have a rainy day fund that will prob get used up quickly getting the usual sorted (EGT/O2, brakes, coil pack, etc). DRC was done recently. This warranty fully covers the tranny so that's taken care of. Owning one of these is already an adventure and it hasn't even arrived yet! The shipping ended up being $1200 door to door from Minneapolis to Los Angeles. I've never purchased a car off the internet before so this was a lil scary. Getting a dealership eval, having a local drive it, and getting a warranty relieved most of the anxiety. My initial urge is to start modding the car right away, but I want to focus on getting it sorted and getting the basics solid first. Congrats on ur purchase! My final price was $22,100 down from $22,999. Not too shabby.

Heh, I responded in your other post as well. I was actualy talking for a few days with the guy at Minneapolis Audi about purchasing yours and then suddenly got a message back saying it sold. Congrats man, beautiful car! I did like you and went with the next lowest mileage but I'd be lying if I said I'm not envious of your color combo. I'm curious about your warranty. I was quoted 3700 for the 3/36 but after a lot of mental deliberation, finally ended up declining it. There were a lot of exclusions and I was worried I'd have paid for service and still have to come out of pocket for a lot on my own. They quoted be between 600-800 shipping from Chicago to Denver, and I'm hoping to see it by the end of the next week. I'm also pretty anxious but I did as much research as possible, got an audi dealer to do the PIP and had them fix a slightly leaky CV joint. I'm like you also where I really want to tune it immediately but smarter money would be spent on in initial timing belt service and general maintenance first. I can't wait to finally get behind the wheel though!

Ah the first drive, so sweet. The first few really blew me away. My car was already tuned though, and kicking out a good 50 extra hp and 80 extra tq I'm sure. There was a twisty drive just a mile from the dealership, they handed me the keys and said have fun; the pickup and pull under boost was amazing, and the big brakes grabbed so good! I was coming from a tuned WRX, and had been around a new M5 and Evo plenty, but the RS6 is it's own special beast. Enjoy!

Shipping varied greatly depending on season. Using DAS I shipped a car from Oregon to New York for $1,300 in the middle of winter. I then shipped my RS6 from Oregon to Texas in early summer for $1,500. Both door to door.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com