Thread: Rant : A garage is parting out an RS6 with 160, 000km on it. They want $2500 for...

Rant : A garage is parting out an RS6 with 160, 000km on it. They want $2500 for...

the SE exhaust!

As far as I'm aware the only diff is the end mufflers are different to offer more growl and the SE is in 3 sections while the non SE is one piece. I wished the shop good luck with a message they may have a tough time finding a buyer at that price and they came back to me with a message of saying, 'good lucking finding another one'. This is true as the RS6 is super rare up here but there is no way I'm paying that much!

I'll look at local options for a more open muffler to give my RS some more sound!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

They usually sell for between $500-800
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    They usually sell for between $500-800
    +1 with the higher side of that amount more common. Tell the shop you don't want the titanium model, just the OEM model. If they are still looking to get more than $1K for a used unit, then ask them if the purchase comes with a complimentary reach around....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I have two mint SE cat back setups avail

The rumble of SE next to stock silvers is a beautiful thing.

Looks like the market has gone up for those...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That price is just stupid. If they would have told me that, I would have non-jokingly said "no, not the whole car, just the exhaust".
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I would love to grab one from you but I'm afraid the shipping would kill the deal (I may be able to get them shipped to a drop box in Detroit and have a friend bring them over for me). Do I need the entire set up to get the sound or is it possible to send just the mufflers? Desparately looking to improve the sound of the beast!!!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

i agree that the SE sounds better than the stock silver one, but for that money you can get the Milltek one which is even better than the SE, i've had all 3 of them and definitely the Milletk one is the best and it was less than $2k installed for the non-reseonator one with black tips...

however, i am pretty sure that if on the SE exhaust we remove the middle silencers the sound will be pretty much the same as the Milltek one, it's on my things to do list...again the Milltek might give a better flow given its slightly larger diameter.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Sent you a PM.

You get that dealers license yet?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com