Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I found my RS6

I just heard of Fidelity paying MAX payout on a RS6 here in DFW!

I guess Audi had the car for 6mths and it racked up ~29K in repairs!!!!!!

Engine was in and out a few times.....
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

DAYUM, that's a lot....Audi labor at book times at $120 an hour, reaming the insurance company.

I'd say mine had a few more trips in than average. It was driven hard, and in at least one small wreck before I got it at 85k. Both the power steering rack and transmission were replaced twice due failure of rebuilt items, so that added even more to the labor. Luckily I was paying $75 per hour, and extremely honest and efficient labor times. I did have a new EGT fail after a year that we took care of on one of these occasions. Most of the car is practically new with parts so it should/better be good for a while now!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Audi is $135hr here
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by cprotzel View Post
    I've been looking for sometime for the right RS6 to buy, I think I found it.
    Here's a link to it: http://www.audiminneapolis.com/used/...a620fc7caf.htm

It's Black w/ white interior, carbon fiber accents, SE exhaust, RS4 wheels, low miles (53k), clean car fax, I don't think it was chipped, DRC was done at 35k, original trans, and they dropped the price a bit to $22, 250. The only way I'd own one of these is with a warranty, so they got me one they use through their dealership (Zurich Insurance-standard plan). The warranty will be an extra $5500 (pricey) but I don't see any other way. It's for 3 years or 36, 000 miles. I drive less than 5k a year so i'll have it 3 years. I looked around at other private sale RS6's and there was no way to get a warranty on them (high miles & over 10 year old car). I saw a few RS6's w/ existing warranty's that were transferable, but the miles were too high on the cars. So out the door w/shipping ($1200) to my home in Los Angeles, it will be 29k. What do u guys think? Pretty good deal or no? I haven't wired the money yet. They did a full work up at the Audi dealership ($500) which they split 50/50
    w/me. Everything checked out well except there was dirty brake fluid (they will fix that), slight warping of front rotors (can barely feel on brake pedal), body was clean, compression leak down looked fine, and the only codes being thrown were minor misfires and low flow to cats at start up. Pretty minor codes if I'm correct. I'll attach the work up from Audi to this email if anybody wants to check it out. Maybe I missed something. This will be my first RS6 so I'm pretty excited. I've had quite a few VW's and A4's, always wanted an RS6. Let me know what you think. Thanks

The pdf for the Audi work up was too big so I will try and reduce the size and attach later.
    Congrats on the new to you RS^!

Save the $ and fly and sign and drive! No better way to "learn" the capabilities of a super sedan.

Keep the warranty and have peace of mind.

Guaranteed you will drive more that 12k/year in SoCal. I did, and my employer was 10 miles each way per day.

Find a good indy that takes the warranty payment (wicked, gmg, Raven, etc)

Get those rotors changed ASAP and those codes fixed before delivery.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

One minor thing to check into if you have not wired the money yet & you still have the bargaining power on your side, have them confirm the condition of the soft touch particularly on the climate control, door panel window switch areas. The soft touch in most of the RS6's I've encountered looks like it was attacked by a gremlin after midnight, if that is the case here should be an easy fix since your dealing with an audi dealer who can source the parts to seal the deal. Just thought I'd mention b/c this drives me crazy that the finish on a high line auto such as the RS6 wears out so easy. GOOD LUCK!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I maxed out #2 with Fidelity. Engine

Boom cha ka la

GIAC ftw

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    I just heard of Fidelity paying MAX payout on a RS6 here in DFW!

I guess Audi had the car for 6mths and it racked up ~29K in repairs!!!!!!

Engine was in and out a few times.....

Thanks for the feedback guys, good to hear from owners and their experiences. There is no way i'd own one of these w/out a warranty. Even if I could wrench on it myself w/ wholesale parts. I'm hoping this low mile car will give me some trouble free miles before big issues start to pop up. But I have heard of major repairs being needed on low mile cars from 10-30k even. I guess it is a roll of the dice w/ this model. My main office is only 8 blocks away for work and I use my Ducati S4R for trips to my other office in Malibu so I will be putting super low miles on it per year. It's not gonna be a garage queen but it will not be needed for commuting. Looks like I will be signing paperwork and wiring money to Audi of Minneapolis in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cprotzel View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, good to hear from owners and their experiences. There is no way i'd own one of these w/out a warranty. Even if I could wrench on it myself w/ wholesale parts. I'm hoping this low mile car will give me some trouble free miles before big issues start to pop up. But I have heard of major repairs being needed on low mile cars from 10-30k even. I guess it is a roll of the dice w/ this model. My main office is only 8 blocks away for work and I use my Ducati S4R for trips to my other office in Malibu so I will be putting super low miles on it per year. It's not gonna be a garage queen but it will not be needed for commuting. Looks like I will be signing paperwork and wiring money to Audi of Minneapolis in the next few days.
    Just so you know, these cars need to be driven and driven hard! Garage queen is less than optimal for these cars.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Agreed ben916 I plan on wringing all the performance out of it when I can. More track days are definitely on the agenda.

Make sure you read the FINE PRINT on your warranty. You may find yourself in the unenviable position of arguing with the company over coverage. Not everything is covered 100%. There are a lot of tricks to working on these cars, but for the most part, engine has to come out for everything. Find a good Indy, stay away from dealers.
    2013 Audi S8

Car looks nice. Has wheels on it, carbon trim and the SE exhaust upgrade. Very low miles provides a rare opportunity. All for the price of a new Korean car.

The warranty is overpriced. Dealers make 100% markup on them. I'd negotiate hard on it. Don't use the warranty as an excuse not to maintain it. They will likely require proof of services.

SoCal cars have a rough life (cruddy roads), but can fair well if cared for. That's my RS6. No rust, at all, however.

If I was still shopping, and it had a clean history, would hop on that car.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

RE: Rust belt cars....

Rust protection on cars like these are leaps and bounds better than cars from 20-25+ years ago. The majority of bolts on the RS6 are rust free. I've taken apart almost every component on the C5 RS6 and there are only a handfull of parts/brakets/bolts I can think of which you might find is more difficult to repair/work on if the car were subjected to winters and snow/ice/salt. The only bolts that were difficult to work with were those on the exhaust. They simply ended up rotting and then snapped when removed. Replacement bolts were stainless steel. In fact, I have an RS6 with a quarter of a million miles on it that has been winter driven for more miles than ANY other RS6 in north america and it's as easy to work on as that car as working on my other one that has less than half the mileage. Further, there is zero rust on the body.

If you aren't putting your car on a pedestal with mirrors below it for a car show, then there is literally no reason to feel a car from Mass or Illinois is any worse than one from Texas or Cali. Especially when it has less than half the average mileage of a 11 yr old car.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Hard to tell with the relatively low miles Dave. I bought my car in Chicago and the owner claimed garaged and no winters with 22K years ago and when I looked at it, and with laying beside the car with a flashlight I could tell he was right. After having mine on my lift over the years along with a few others at my place I think mine is about the cleanest underneath of any I've seen except of course pics of yours I still try to drive mine a minimal in the Winters here in WA and the majority of the state doesn't salt the roads, at least where I live and I stay away from the Communist state of Seattle/King County most of the year. The low flow through the Cats has me puzzled though. Random misfires on a car that probably has it's original coils isn't unusual. Cprotzel, see about doing the FSI coil upgrade when you do the plugs and coils. If you use a good LA tuner that knows Audi's they'll know all about it. The coils are suppose to be a little better and they are almost half cost of ours and the upgrade will almost pay for the new coil hold down brackets. Their the same coils used on the R8's.
    Good stuff on the coils Mark. I did not know this.

You only went to Chicago for that Pearl White?

I would have gone to Nepal for that car.

Too bad I missed the Feierabend this year. Next time.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"