Thread: S6 to RS6

S6 to RS6

Hello ..

An opportunity has presented itself where I could move into an RS6 (100k miles). I am currently a very happy owner of a C5 S6 6speed (160k miles). The RS6 has new brakes, timing belt just done and KW's for suspension. Wondering if the 'carrying costs' would be the same for both cars. Any thoughts?

I haven't yet driven the RS6 .. but right now I am a bit hesitant as the C5 s6 is such a nice package.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Have you read up on the transmission failures and trouble/costs of repairs and parts? Good that the TB is done and suspension upgraded, big pluses. RS6 is about 3-4 times the cost/pain to work on and fix, more things to go wrong. That said, get it...is it tuned? Either way the power should put your S6 to shame
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yah .. I heard/read about the transmission. Its slightly scary .. car is currently owned by a mechanic at a very respected shop in town. Says the 'transmission' is in very good shape, later VIN so TC is not prone to failure. No codes, no surging .. nothing.

Yes car is chipped.

Sounds good mostly, just be prepared for it to go, around $5k give or take a $1k. You should be blown away when you finally drive!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

What is the last 6 of vin

If late vin...buy it

Quote Originally Posted by coughpls View Post
    Yah .. I heard/read about the transmission. Its slightly scary .. car is currently owned by a mechanic at a very respected shop in town. Says the 'transmission' is in very good shape, later VIN so TC is not prone to failure. No codes, no surging .. nothing.

Yes car is chipped.

the question is can you deal with not having an avant?
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

.. that is the true question .. **struggling**

I couldn't live without either, Avant or RS6...
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

The insurance will go up by a bit I'm fairly certain. I keep telling myself I'm gonna sell the RS6 and get an '04 A4 Ultra Sport because the insurance is $1500/yr less. You'll have 25k miles before needing to replace the front brakes to the tune of about $1k. But it's soooo quiiiiick. KW's are very good because you won't have to worry about the DRC suspension nonsense. Tune is good because, well, moar powahhh. Timing belt is very good because you now have 35k before the next one's due.

I suggest:

1. Buy RS6.
    2. Swap in 6MT from S6
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I dont get some of the insurance rates in other parts of the country..

I pay 400/yr for each RS6 and 400/yr for the SQ5.