Thread: RS6 Transmission upgrades? What are the options?

RS6 Transmission upgrades? What are the options?

So my 2003 Audi RS6 with 125,000 miles needs a new transmission, again. This will be the second one needed for this car. The last one only lasted just over four years and 60,000 miles.
    I'm not interested in switching to a manual. I'm also not interested in having to pay for another one in four years so I'm looking for some upgrade options. I'd rather pay a little extra now for something that will last than have to pony up for a new transmission again in four years or so. Yes, I plan on keeping the car at least that much longer.

So I'm calling on the collective wisdom of the forum. If you had to replace your transmission and wanted something stronger and presumably longer lasting who would you consider? i.e. what are the upgrade options for an RS6 transmission.

I've been in touch with Tozo and he suggested using an upgraded torque converter with the stock transmission so that's an option.

Thanks.

Not really any options. The RS6 slushbox isn't deemed hot rod worthy, so few have invested the time and money in to developing components that exceed the marginal ones the OEM unit contains. I am of the understanding that 517 has done some slight modes with clutches and the like, so you could start there.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I'm assuming you're tuned, or did some hard driving? Figure highway miles cause almost no wear. Ideally a trans would last longer. Seems Tozo knows a good bit about upgrading the trans with stronger clutch packs and VB pressure, a few other companies out there do about the same, a few to be wary of, search for reviews on here and other forums. Certainly do the TC if it's stock, only $500 to get upgraded. Driving location and habits?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

IPT has some bold claims, not sure if anyone here has used them. Most of what they offer was done to my trans by Tozo.

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...agonauto.shtml
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ive got a used cheap used one with zero issues posted up in the for sale section....