Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn, had to resurrect an ACES IV thread

Damn, had to resurrect an ACES IV thread

Having used ACES IV in my beast for many years until it had an unfortunate trip into a chain link fence courtesy of my son, and a subsequent journey to Arizona for gradual resurrection, I was curious as to how it might work in my new daily ride. Driving an Infiniti Q50 Hybrid now, certainly not close to the RS6 but a decent ride and remarkably quick for a hybrid. I decided to put ACES in my tank today before my biweekly trip to Monterey from the Bay Area. My mileage on this 100 mile trip has been stable over the past year. This morning with ACES IV in the tank, car felt quicker with bursts, but we all know the butt dyno often lies. However, I got 2 mpg more on the trip to and from Monterey. That is amazing. For those new to the board, and perhaps with a tune that would like a bump in octane in your tank, give it a try. Dave, you were the original advocate on the board, you might wish to comment. And please, I have nothing to do with Brian and his company, and don't know what is in the mix, but I'm ordering another jug!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Ha...did someone say Aces?

Snake oil some say

I guess the fuel mileage indicator in our new SQ5 didnt get the memo. 2mpg better with Aces.

Never mind the extensive fill up logs I completed with our old E55..2-3 mpg better with Aces. 80 percent hwy

Never mind the 10000 mile Blackstone oil test on the RS6 running Aces and BND oil.
    Last edited by DHall1; November 6th, 2014 at 07:08.

Hope all is well on the left coast! Picked up a few more parts and planning a trip to see John the Dentist in Oceanside for the hood very soon. Then work will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Hope all is well on the left coast! Picked up a few more parts and planning a trip to see John the Dentist in Oceanside for the hood very soon. Then work will begin.
    TJ - wha???

I found that with Aces, throttle response was smoothed out and the temp ran a tick cooler.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I got over 20 hwy in the wife's gen 1 cayenne s once using aces iv on a full tank of 0 ethanol gas...realize it is two factors but it was a holy crap number when i used both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    I got over 20 hwy in the wife's gen 1 cayenne s once using aces iv on a full tank of 0 ethanol gas...realize it is two factors but it was a holy crap number when i used both.
    More bump from ethanol most likely. Search my post history for rants against cornfuel and numbers - cliffnotes: 15-30% better gas mileage from zero ethanol
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    More bump from ethanol most likely. Search my post history for rants against cornfuel and numbers - cliffnotes: 15-30% better gas mileage from zero ethanol
    Starting new thread
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Copy and paste it in this thread!

A classic post for sure and one i can read over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post

Where is the best place to buy this stuff? Also, what is the cost of Aces IV per 15 gallon tank of gas to get this 10% or so fuel mileage improvement? In other words, is it cost effective?
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

BND

250/gal

1oz/6gal

Great, thanks. Emailed them. I'm going to try a 32oz bottle and track my fuel mileage and impressions.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Left coast it is, rivaling Minnesota for the bluest state after Tuesday. All good here. Miss this though https://www.flickr.com/photos/imuso/...03260/sizes/l/
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Just ordered a quart of Aces.

Has anyone had BND Automotove make custom motor oil? Brian seems seriously smart, and not held down by EPA requirements for his custom products, which may mean a better product that what's available to the public.

Thanks,

Dude!

Where have you been? I have run the oil for 10k in our heat and sent the sample to Blackstone.

Result?

"Perfect" from Blackstone.

All the results posted. I will never run any other oil.

Well if I could get Brian at BND to reply to my emails I'd order some oil too...

I know. Its best to call...

D Hall I have found that if you are using E0 fuel then 1:8 or 1:10 may be better. I'm fortunate enough to have E0 fuels available so I don't use E10.

I should be so lucky.

E10 if not more here. And 91 octane

Dont get me started