Thread: car wrap

car wrap

i know this isn't the best thing to do to one of these beast, but if i were going to do a vinyl wrap on the car what color would y'all go with? right now the car is avus silver with ebony interior. I was thinking matte black, reason for tossing around the idea is due to front bumper being dinged to hell from rock, and some small paint chips and flaking on back bumper. just wanna get some opinions on the idea and see if it would be worth doing or if it would make it to much of a rice rocket. thanks for any input.

My paint is in pretty good shape, has had clear bra since day 1, but im considering wrapping it as well. Two reasons, to change the color, and to protect the paint.

I love white cars, so ill probably wrap mine white, maybe suska grey. But nothing too flashey for me, and in a gloss print over matte. Id prefer more of a factory look.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

google images c5 audi rs6 matte black or wrap and look around. I'm in the same boat as you.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

yea i did a small search, i kinda want to stay close to the stock color now, i was looking at her sitting in my garage and cant really see changing her to black. the color that came to mind is the Frozen Grey matte wrap, or maybe some sort of Silver matte wrap. i think that is the closest im going to get to the avus silver.

Get brave, saw an amazing flat glut orange late RS4 Thursday hogging the left lane the other day

Just paint the bumpers, that's a nice silver, around $1k for both I would say. No blending with body should be needed, and don't the silver and gray cars have bumpers that are slightly off color anyhow.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just paint the bumpers, that's a nice silver, around $1k for both I would say. No blending with body should be needed, and don't the silver and gray cars have bumpers that are slightly off color anyhow.
    I have thought about it, but there are small areas on other spots on the car, just the front and back bumper are the worst. And I got a quote once to get front bumper done and it was 450-550. And I don't see any difference in color between body and bumpers but I have never really looked hard for a difference. I was thinking the wrap route for paint protection and give her a fresh look. I just don't wanna spend all that money to get it done and not like it or regret the color.

I absolutely love the car when it's bright out (I have avus silver too) but if it's gloomy, then I don't think it looks good. Hey bro I just saw you were in San Antonio! I'm in Germany now, but headed that way soon! My brother is also looking around for a good RS6 deal. We will have a little RS6 Posse going on.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Awesome bud. When are you gonna be back? What area are you gonna be living in? Maybe we can meet up, have some small get together or something.