Thread: What's It Worth?

What's It Worth?

Considering the possibility of selling. Curious what opinions are here on value?
    Very clean 2 owner vehicle. 115xxx on the odometer.
    Daytona Gray / Ebony leather with carbon trim package / SE exhaust. Very clean exterior and interior- no smoking.
    Balance of transferable Fidelity Powertrain warranty coverage- approx. 4500 miles.
    All service records- all scheduled maintenance completed on time or early and current. No warning lights/fault codes.
    Torque converter, transmission wiring harness, transmission fluid/filter, valve cover seals, Bufkin oil cooler pipe upgrade, etc replaced 10k miles ago.
    Newer Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires.
    Front and rear brake pads and rotors replaced 3k ago.
    Oil changed yesterday.
    Unitronic Stage 2 tune.
    Kenwood multimedia large display touchscreen receiver with Bluetooth, navigation, etc. I also have the original working stereo.
    K40 integrated front and rear radar detector.
    Windows professionally tinted.
    Opinions on resale value appreciated.

Last edited by SCARGO; October 27th, 2014 at 02:18.

KBB Private party value's your car at $16,526 for an excellent condition example only 3% of all cars KBB values are in excellent condition
    Looks new and is in excellent mechanical condition
    Has never had any paint touch-ups and/or bodywork
    Does not need reconditioning
    The engine compartment is clean and free of leaks
    Is free of rust
    The body and interior are free of wear or visible defects
    Wheels are flawless
    All tires match and are like new
    Has a clean title history and will pass a safety and smog inspection
    Has complete and verifiable service records

Maybe ask 18K?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Id say depends on market and location. Your car in my area would be listed for about 20k, give or take a little. I got mine two months ago, 43k, two owner, all dealer service with records, completely stock, SE exhaust for 22.5k. But seller was asking 27.5k.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Easily $25k, you can buy one beat up with no mods and old parts for $18k.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

+1

Where are you located?

20-22

?
    Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Id say depends on market and location. Your car in my area would be listed for about 20k, give or take a little. I got mine two months ago, 43k, two owner, all dealer service with records, completely stock, SE exhaust for 22.5k. But seller was asking 27.5k.

Minneapolis.
    I did look at the KBB... but I feel like that maybe doesn't fully represent or account for the gray area specifics of the vehicle that an enthusiast would be aware of and appreciate the value of- torque converter/trans harness and service, service history, ecu tuning, recent $3k plus brake service, the warranty coverage, Bufkin pipe...
    I'm considering selling, but also considering the next round of upgrades and committing to the "lifestyle".

20-22 is not enough?

I think diy brakes are in the range of 1500

The RS6 doesn't come up often enough for KBB etc. to have accurate estimates. I recently sold my RS6 in very clean condition and about 62K for around $26.5. Private sale. Dealers were offering auction prices around $19.

Quote Originally Posted by as350 View Post
    The RS6 doesn't come up often enough for KBB etc. to have accurate estimates.
    Exactly that. The RS6 is such a unique and low volume vehicle that commodity pricing sites like KBB and NADA don't really apply.

Dave- Yes. I would certainly consider you suggestion of 20-22 an acceptable range. You are likely right on for the DIY brakes. Unfortunately, I didn't DIY them.
    My KBB comment was directed at the initial post and personally thinking in the direction of your response that it seemed low due to the uniqueness of the car, etc but wondering out loud if that really mattered enough to potential buyers...
    My initial reaction to looking online at KBB and NADA value estimates was that I thought for those prices I would likely just keep it and for a higher number, like near where you suggested, I would likely be convinced to sell. Thus the reason I posted in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by SCARGO View Post
    Considering the possibility of selling. Curious what opinions are here are on value?
    Very clean 2 owner vehicle. 115xxx on the odometer.
    Daytona Gray / Ebony leather with carbon trim package / SE exhaust. Very clean exterior and interior- no smoking.
    Balance of transferable Fidelity Powertrain warranty coverage- approx. 4500 miles.
    All service records- all scheduled maintenance completed on time or early and current. No warning lights/fault codes.
    Torque converter, transmission wiring harness, transmission fluid/filter, valve cover seals, Bufkin oil cooler pipe upgrade, etc replaced 10k miles ago.
    Newer Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires.
    Front and rear brake pads and rotors replaced 3k ago.
    Oil changed yesterday.
    Unitronic Stage 2 tune.
    Kenwood multimedia large display touchscreen receiver with Bluetooth, navigation, etc. I also have the original working stereo.
    K40 integrated front and rear radar detector.
    Windows professionally tinted.
    Opinions on resale value appreciated.

i purchased an exact RS6 with this color, mileage, etc. Everything you list except for stereo and detector. 6 years ago it cost $29K. I also just purchase a black one with new brakes 3K, new axles, new tires, new front upper and lower control arms, carbon int, etc. Had chipped paint fron road salt and cracks on the drivers seat. That one was $12K. That said, I know there are just as many buyers paying 50-100% more for the same ride I did and not batting an eye at it doing so. I believe the market has somewhat settled on the car now that the woes of the suspension and torgue convertors have all been largely redone.... Regular watching of RS6 asking prices suggests high teens, maybe low 20's for your car (18-22max). There are a number of sellers still trying to sell their ride after months that are in the mid to high 20's. Those cars haven't sold for only two reasons. The seller either really doesn't want to sell unless they are showered in cash, or they simply aren't getting any bites on their line because buyers are purchasing other rides that are in the 18-22K range where the market appears to support.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    i purchased an exact RS6 with this color, mileage, etc. Everything you list except for stereo and detector. 6 years ago it cost $29K. I also just purchase a black one with new brakes 3K, new axles, new tires, new front upper and lower control arms, carbon int, etc. Had chipped paint fron road salt and cracks on the drivers seat. That one was $12K. That said, I know there are just as many buyers paying 50-100% more for the same ride I did and not batting an eye at it doing so. I believe the market has somewhat settled on the car now that the woes of the suspension and torgue convertors have all been largely redone.... Regular watching of RS6 asking prices suggests high teens, maybe low 20's for your car (18-22max). There are a number of sellers still trying to sell their ride after months that are in the mid to high 20's. Those cars haven't sold for only two reasons. The seller either really doesn't want to sell unless they are showered in cash, or they simply aren't getting any bites on their line because buyers are purchasing other rides that are in the 18-22K range where the market appears to support.

X2 what Bigglezworth says.

I sold a similar well sorted pearl grey metallic on silver example in march 2013 for 21.5 w 87k on the clock after many months of listing, car had total of 17K worth of warranty work & maintenance (Trans, TC, ECU/TCU tune, brakes, alternator etc) but warranty did not convey.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...Tune-amp-RNS-E

This fellow recently sold a very well modded and maintained 76K example for $20K after several months.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26892-FS-2003-Audi-RS6-76-5K-miles

I think that you have a limited amount of transferable warranty left is a great selling point, that said you should price realistically enough to sell before the coverage tolls, if you really do want to sell start the process now, realizing a price you'll be happy with is easier said than done in my experience and as unfortunate as it seems after buying my recent higher milage example I believe the RS6 market is a buyers one. However in reality the car is worth worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, so GLWS!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's