Thread: 2003 RS6 headliner sagging

2003 RS6 headliner sagging

I have a couple spots on my headliner that are sagging above the corners of my rear window on my RS6. I just noticed this a couple days ago. The rest of the liner is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for repairing this? I looked for a thread on this and couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help.

i did this on my first RS6, the only way i could think of was to remove the entire headliner and glue back the Alcantara, however it was quite difficult and TBH i don't want to do it again. I have the same issue with my current RS but i've learned to live with it.

As an advice, if you do go ahead with the removal, once out of the car take it to a shop that does headliners/interiors and they'll be able to glue it back properly, the cardboard needs to be cleaned first so that the new glues sticks to it, i tried doing it myself firs time but ended up taking it to one of these shops, way better and quite cheap.

it would be great if some glue could be injected with a syringe through the sagging Alcantara, would make things so much easier, but i am not aware of such glue...taking the whole thing down is a PITA.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I used a 3M spray adhesive on my Jeep headliner years back. Stuck the little nozzle tube through a pinhole and did a 360 spray on the hard surface and then pressed it up. Lasted about a year. Not sure I'd try such a thing with my RS (which has the same two sagging corners in rear).