Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The SWAP BEGINS! Hoping for 650-700 hp and 700 trq

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    some here use devils own, aem. There might be a few more out there...i only use aquamist. Don't buy it based on cost, buy it based on the amount and quality of safety's they provide. Don't sacrifice your engine for a couple hundred bucks...
    ditto...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Some here use Devils Own, AEM. There might be a few more out there...I only use Aquamist. Don't buy it based on cost, buy it based on the amount and quality of safety's they provide. Don't sacrifice your engine for a couple hundred bucks...
    I second this.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Aquamist here....satisfied.

But what is the difference on them?
    Does Aquamist have something that Devlis Own don't have ?

And I think 1 nozzle before throttle will be best for me.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Aquamist!

But my question is why is Aquamist better ??
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    But what is the difference on them?
    Does Aquamist have something that Devlis Own don't have ?

And I think 1 nozzle before throttle will be best for me.
    I think Aquamist has some additional computer monitoring to make sure you're spraying. The gauge for Devils Own is simple, but still tells you if it's working. Personally I have mine tucked away. It depends how on the edge your tune is, some tunes depend on that wm spray to avoid engine problems, for me it's just a slight performance boost.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by N_Stamp View Post
    So I finally got the funds set up to start the build, I will be doing full meth 100% followed but a fill Tial 770 swap along with some fueling and a whole lot of other here and there parts Super stoked
    Why do you want to run with 100% meth ?

I have found this information from 2 guys:

you don't want to run straight methanol for a variety of reasons:
    1)you are losing the cooling effect of the water - the latent heat of evaporation (cooling of the intake charge and combustion chamber) is more potent using water since it can absorb and hold more heat than methanol
    2)straight methanol is very caustic and can erode the components in your fuel system - fuel pump, sending units, injectors
    most folks run somewhere between a 50:50 and 25:75 mixture of methanol:water
    Yeah I remeber when I tryed tuning using 100% meth and noticed much higher boost temps and get knock much easier than with some water mixed in

Who are these two guys and have they dyno tuned hundreds of twin turbo audi's using methanol injection? Back to back tunes on the same car using 50/50 versus 100% methanol injection?

AMD has, and they can run more boost, timing and hence more power with the octane added with 100% methanol versus 50/50. Don't get me wrong, 50/50 is great for a track car or if you live where it gets hot. 100% meth is for big HP/Tq highway monsters where you're not full throttle for 20 minutes at a time as on track. It's pretty proven that you can squeeze more power out of these engines with 100% meth injection versus 50/50. Plus, the meth does not go through the fuel system per se, it is sprayed in the intake up pipes and sucked (blown) up the air stream through the throttle body so it doesn't go through the fuel system injectors, solenoids or fuel pump for that matter. For a second car (as is the case for me) I wanted the wick turned up and 100% methanol was the trick. I for one can't wait to see the results, 770's on a stock block RS6 should be phenomenal.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

It was on a Porsche forum.

But I use my RS8 on the track more than on the street.

But also found this company that say that all other manufactures use bad/wrong pump for water/meth?? :

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html#rsrpump

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Who are these two guys and have they dyno tuned hundreds of twin turbo audi's using methanol injection? Back to back tunes on the same car using 50/50 versus 100% methanol injection?

AMD has, and they can run more boost, timing and hence more power with the octane added with 100% methanol versus 50/50. Don't get me wrong, 50/50 is great for a track car or if you live where it gets hot. 100% meth is for big HP/Tq highway monsters where you're not full throttle for 20 minutes at a time as on track. It's pretty proven that you can squeeze more power out of these engines with 100% meth injection versus 50/50. Plus, the meth does not go through the fuel system per se, it is sprayed in the intake up pipes and sucked (blown) up the air stream through the throttle body so it doesn't go through the fuel system injectors, solenoids or fuel pump for that matter. For a second car (as is the case for me) I wanted the wick turned up and 100% methanol was the trick. I for one can't wait to see the results, 770's on a stock block RS6 should be phenomenal.
    You can read miles and miles of posts from the Buick turbo boosted drag guys....small gains with full meth, some trade offs. I think more people like to say they run 100%, but in most real world driving you might as just run 50/50. Sure 100% will get you 1-2% more power overall, but having another flammable liquid on board along with lack of cooling doesn't make sense to me, each to their own!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I will be selling my complete devils own meth kit once it gets pulled if anyone is interested. Parts should be in hopefully very soon!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You can read miles and miles of posts from the Buick turbo boosted drag guys....small gains with full meth, some trade offs. I think more people like to say they run 100%, but in most real world driving you might as just run 50/50. Sure 100% will get you 1-2% more power overall, but having another flammable liquid on board along with lack of cooling doesn't make sense to me, each to their own!
    I hear you. Personally, I like not having to mix 50/50 and also not having to up size the primary fuel injectors to make over 500awhp and 600awtq. If I drove the car more such that the cost of methanol became an issue, or tracked my RS6 it at all (worst idea in the world BTW), I would be running 50/50 or lower.

I've been buying the mix 51w/49m, then add a shot of washer fluid for coloring so I can see the level better. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/...sown-brew.html

The RS6 can actually be fairly capable on a track, heavy car for sure, but plenty of power to play with. What turbos did you go with, stock manifolds? Nice power output for sure, does AMD use a Dynojet or Mustang?

Mustang MD500 dyno. Turbo's are RS6 K04 Turbos, Blouch Built, New CHRA's with Billet 2283 compressor, clipped turbine wheels, K03/04 wastegates. Stock mani's.

I tracked my prior RS6 a few sessions, chipped with auto trans. Fast and fun and fairly capable, but not ideal. Essentially it boils down to being a $1,000 + per day track day car the way I like to drive, not including sign up fee. You have to pay to play... which is why I prefer lighter cars for track duty.

How loud is the pump?
    Is aquamist quieter than the others?

I'll have it in my luggage but I drive without the rear seat in my RS8 so therefore I wonder?

And this company says that all other pumps is very noisy:

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html#rsrpump