Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SWAP BEGINS! Hoping for 650-700 hp and 700 trq

The SWAP BEGINS! Hoping for 650-700 hp and 700 trq

So I finally got the funds set up to start the build, I will be doing full meth 100% followed but a fill Tial 770 swap along with some fueling and a whole lot of other here and there parts Super stoked
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Woot!!! Good luck and I look forward to the updates
    210K miles rolled

What swap begins? Engine swap? Turbo swap? Whatever you're swapping, better start shopping for a clutch.
    2013 Audi S8

Congrats! I'm sure AMD has the clutch for the job. ;-) I'm assuming your target figures are AWHP and AWTQ, not crank?
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

In for information
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

I'd consider running 51/49 water meth for a few reasons. Not flammable, better cooling with water, lower cost, easier to deal with. Reading up on what the Buick guys have studied for years, you will get a bit more power with 100% meth, but that becomes debatable under very high temps, like what we experience. Assume you'll go with a trunk mount tank in the sides? I really like my 2.5 gallon setup with small battery in place of the large stock battery. Only have to fill a few times a year, easy to deal with and accessible. Any thing else in the engine compartment seems like a bad idea, especially if you're going 100% meth, the high temps can cause boiling and other problems, again, it's flammable.

You should post just what is being upgraded besides the turbos. Fuel pump(s), rails, injectors (what kind as this will be a must), tune obviously by AMD.

If you're going this far I'd really look at custom manifolds, that is the main bottle neck at this point. I've been reading about pre turbo water spray also for cooling, you could run two systems
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Sounds like we are on a similar path. I am also considering the Tial 770...as well as a couple other turbos. I have the six speed going in and having custom headers being made.

I was running 100% methanol and really liked it. I think I am going to stay.

Good luck!! Definitely a project of emotion.....it doesn't make much sense otherwise!!

I ran 100% meth on my 996 turbo. Picked up a TON of power and the consistency was otherworldly. Without Meth, on a hot, or even a warm day, I could run 4 or 5 60-130's and consistently run a few tenths slower every run. With the meth, 4 or 5 runs were usually within hundredths of each other..barring traction issues, etc...100% methanol can give you anywhere from 25whp to 80whp depending on how aggressive you want to get with your tune. I chose the latter as it was cheap power. Ran like that for 2 years.
    2013 Audi S8

Bunch of meth heads on this forum, which makes sense given we're all HP junkies.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Tony of EPL was the one that recommended 100%. He was very pleased to know I was running 100%. I don't remember the exact reason but something about what the water can potentially do the engine. But as far as performance it was a really good thing.

I will send him a question to him for his reasoning....don't expect a quick answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    Tony of EPL was the one that recommended 100%. He was very pleased to know I was running 100%. I don't remember the exact reason but something about what the water can potentially do the engine. But as far as performance it was a really good thing.

I will send him a question to him for his reasoning....don't expect a quick answer...
    Tony and I worked long and hard to perfect the performance of my 996 turbo. That car REALLY good for the minimal amount of parts on it.
    2013 Audi S8

My track car had 50/50 meth injection, less flamability and good for evaporative cooling and octane boost. My RS6 will never see a track in anger, and is therefore spraying 100% meth and I couldn't be happier.

This is gonna be awesome! Now be a good forum user and document it all well for us! Too many cool cars on here with no build threads
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Ok guys! I will be documenting from day 1 as soon as parts are in and we begin!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Subscribed for greatness!!

Where can I buy Methanol Injection for RS6 engine ?

Are there different brands? and are there any brands I should avoid?
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Devils Own has been solid, nice and simple.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    Where can I buy Methanol Injection for RS6 engine ?

Are there different brands? and are there any brands I should avoid?
    Some here use Devils Own, AEM. There might be a few more out there...I only use Aquamist. Don't buy it based on cost, buy it based on the amount and quality of safety's they provide. Don't sacrifice your engine for a couple hundred bucks...
    2013 Audi S8