Thread: Another avant import?

Another avant import?

That's our guy who was trying to sell on eBay. The shop basically misquoted him or decided to screw him is the word. Once the car arrived the estimate went from around $20k-$60k...

Haven't heard anything since, and don't think his eBay post sold. For whatever reason he won't post on here and ask for help/advice.

Beautiful car, bummer.

Edit; for the correct answer please send me the Euro 5-spokes, I understand you are tired of them
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Intresting to read through the post and the responses. See that those responding aren't clear about what makes the vehicle difficult to import either. It's not solely about emmissions. I also has to do with crash test standards (what specifically prevented the 03 RS6 from being importable to Canada until the harmonized bumper standards law passed in late 2008 and that necessitated a host of different modifications to the base RS6 for Canada's 90 2004 units....), and also a specific requirement by the Gov't to protect the auto markets for each manufacturer. After 15 years, the Gov't figures the residual value of a vehicle is so low that it doesn't matter if they protect things any longer. That is why you can import a car to Canada without any involvement from Gov't agencies (standard provincial inspections aside) at the 15 year period.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

What a beauty !

Love the tool kit in the trunk/boot too.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I can't believe he talks about crushing it, at least part the damned thing out...haven't seen anything in a few weeks.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com