Thread: I need a new Instrument cluster the second one I bought on here went out. HELP!

I need a new Instrument cluster the second one I bought on here went out. HELP!

So the instrument cluster I purchased off of here from a fellow rs6.com member decided it didn't want to last on me and is starting to short out. Does anyone have one for sell?

-Nick
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Did your first one go the same way? I'd be worried about some short or fuse issue to the cluster if so.

You can always try Shokan.com...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No it didn't go the same way, half of it is lit up and the other half is fine, I can not change the time or date either. The instrument cluster showed signs of corrosion before installing but I had no other choice.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

LSWING! I LOVE YOU hahahahahaha they have two in stock and I just bought both of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N_Stamp View Post
    LSWING! I LOVE YOU hahahahahaha they have two in stock and I just bought both of them!!!
    Ha, nice, glad to hear it! Most of the time I mention Shokan and people say it's too damn expensive, but the parts are clean and they've been good for me.

Now don't break those....cheers man.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

What dies your dealer charge you to recode them?

I doubt that Shokan supplies you with the SKC for the cluster...

You might be able to repair both your clusters, too.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I have a pixel problem on the center display on my one beast and wanted to simply swap the cluster from the other. Of course the Immobilizer makes a simple swap difficult.... I then thought I could take the display apart, unplug the LED glass, and then reassemble, but again there is no simple disconnect clip like one might see on a piece of home electronics. All rigid soldered. >sigh< Anyone else ever had pixel problems on their center display? If so, how did you repair? Don't want to do a full swap that comes with coding woes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Module Masters. $150 plus shipping both ways.

http://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/sho...a6-s4-s6-2004/
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Module Masters is the way to go. They rebuild the cluster on my tt and it has been great ever since.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Module masters looked at my first cluster laughed and said you have a Christmas tree..... literally every light is on then I bought one on this forum from a member the cluster had 6k stock miles but looked as if it had a bit of corrosion on some of the parts due to maybe being in a garage with moisture???? So I purchased both from Shokan.... Changing the car codes and mileage is a piece of CAKE! So I will make sure both work then put one in my car... sell the other three and away I go! WEEEEEEE