Thread: Allow me to officially introduce you!

Pictures Allow me to officially introduce you!

since i have never did it so far but have owned it since February this year, there she is, my second RS6 which follows the Avus Silver i had until last year in July and regrettably sold it, therefore soon after i have started looking for another one....and when i thought i was cured and i didn't need another RS6 one day this one came for sale on a local website here. Fate had it that it was a day before my Bday when i viewed the car, so basically i bought it the next day .

I wasn't a fan of black(ebony Schwarz pearl effect in particular), even though i had the exact same color on an A6 C5 back in Europe, and i knew it wasn't easy to keep clean, but it grew again on me as it does look smart when it is all cleaned and waxed.

When i bought it the condition of the car wasn't so good, mechanically it was almost ok given that it had a full service history with Audi and came with a hefty file of receipts which made me buy it, however it had a dead EGT sensor and the driver side cooling fan plus last timing belt service was recorded at 60k miles and never done again, which was also confirmed by the Audi dealership that had always maintained it, that meant almost 80k miles for that timing kit and surprisingly it looked pretty good when removed.

Cosmetically, the interior was alright with a broken hinge on the glove box door, a few peeled off buttons, broken arm rest lid, nothing major. The exterior however need it a really good paint restoration as it had many swirls and still has a patch on the roof, rear lid and rear bumper where the paint has lost a bit its shine due to the sun here and of course some road rash on the front bumper and wings, however after the detailing it came out much better than i expected .

So far i have brought it to where i wanted to in terms of maintenance and overall status, things to be done in the future would be:

- rims refurbished,
    - gearbox oil change,
    - maybe respray affected areas or a complete wrap in Nogaro Blue, i wouldn't want to respray the whole car, that's for sure...
    - to fix the sagging headliner above the rear seats, however i did it on the other one and is a big PITA.

So, here is a few shots recently taken...

new Pirreli P-Zero all around to replace some new but Chinese tires

rear LED lamps added. I know, i got to do something about that fog light, it doesn't look too good.

original mats refurbished, the piping was replaced and opted for black instead of the initial red as i thought it was too much red

not the best color combo, but i had no choice, however i do love the Alcantara on the seats as it is great for the hot climate as they don't get so hot if left in the sun

2012 model RNS-E added, it was a bit of a hassle but it does worth the effort, it is much better than the older model i had on the previous RS. Also replaced the AC panel fascia with a non-facelift one from a regular A6 but 2DIN as it doesn't peel off anymore, there is a bit of shade difference but i've learned to live with it, better than living with peeled off buttons . You can also notice some mats in this picture i bought from ebay.de, also with the RS6 logo, however i didn't like the way they fit so that's when i decided to refurbish mine, so don't buy any aftermarket mats as they will definitely not fit as well as your original ones. The driver side one was kind of ok, if you're not too picky, but the passenger side it crumples as you may see below and it simply doesn't belong there, is too obvious.

Last edited by mik15; October 13th, 2014 at 11:31.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Welcome back!
    210K miles rolled

Congrats!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Where did you get those floor mats??? I like em and want!!!

Very nice! Love the seats, a bit red, but very custom, and one of the best wheel styles for this car. Really nice and clean. Are you in N with the e-brake on? Safety first!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

@Lou - the car was in N and the e-brake on. Regarding the interior i haven't yet seen another similar one so it must've been custom ordered by the first owner, the combination of leather with Alcantara on the seats did come standard on some Plus models, but this particular one of red Valcona leather with Alcantara was i guess a personal choice of its original owner. Anyhow, judging from my experience, the black leather on the RS6 is the one most prone to crack during time in a hot climate country, the previous RS had 70k miles when i bought it and the driver seat leather had a few tiny cracks which i had it repaired while this one at 147k miles looks as if had only 60k miles. Light color leather on the RS6 takes the heat and usage much better than the black one and feels softer.

@vas160s - the mats are the original ones, only had it refurbished and by that i mean had the piping replaced with a black one instead of the red one it originally had. As i said, i bought initially some AM mats but didn't like how they fit, the front OEM ones are somehow molded to the shape of our floor while the AM ones are just regular mats, soft and flaky, they do not come pre-molded to our floor and therefore they will crumple to fit so they don't look good in the car.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast