Thread: Anyone had experience with getting these wheels to fit....

Anyone had experience with getting these wheels to fit....

Buddy of mine got a set of these of an RS7 or an S7 and I would like to know if anyone has ever successfully fit them on our C5 RS6? I need to figure it out ASAP because I need to determine what I'm doing with the 19" set of BBS' that I have sitting waiting for to go on.

The size for these new wheels is 20x9 / et35 / 5x112

Anyone know if they fit? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	15564  

You may need a hub centric spacer to push the wheels out a bit as I think that et is a little high for our cars. The spacer will also have to be the kinds that changes the centric bore to 57.1mm from whatever the new audi size is (I think 66.1).
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

You'll need four things to make them fit.

First and most obvious - tires. 255/30ZR19, XL load rating (99+)
    Second, you'll need to adapt the RS6's 57.1mm hub bore to the new wheels 66.6mm hub bore
    Third, you'll need to get spacers to push them out 10mm - the geometry on those being just a little bit different brings the inner lip of the wheel almost a half inch closer to your struts, which would leave you rubbing the fender wells when you have the wheel turned over all the way.
    Finally, with the spacer in place, you'll need longer wheel bolts.

If you're all about putting them on, I recommend you either:
    A) Look for hubcentric spacing adapters (57.1mm --> 66.6mm, 10mm thickness)
    -or-
    B) If you're the type to switch wheels often, get yourself a 57.1mm bore, 10mm thick spacer, and 57.1--->66.6mm hubcentric rings

Either option above, you'll still need longer wheel bolts

Check out the definitive tires, wheels, and offset thread - lots of good info there.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You are THE MAN! Thanks much fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    You'll need four things to make them fit.

Second, you'll need to adapt the RS6's 57.1mm hub bore to the new wheels 66.6mm hub bore
    Third, you'll need to get spacers to push them out 10mm - the geometry on those being just a little bit different brings the inner lip of the wheel almost a half inch closer to your struts, which would leave you rubbing the fender wells when you have the wheel turned over all the way.

-or-
    B) If you're the type to switch wheels often, get yourself a 57.1mm bore, 10mm thick spacer, and 57.1--->66.6mm hubcentric rings

Check out the definitive tires, wheels, and offset thread - lots of good info there.

O_E

You'll need five things to make them fit.

Fourth, a catheter for all the kidney blood from the harsh ass ride from 20" rims on the C5 RS6.

-or-

O_E
    ^^^fixed^^^
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

^Nice and accurate fourth item insert..;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    ^^^fixed^^^
    Gotta admit, I chuckled

Thanks Ben, my brain tries to block out the memories of harsh rides on big wheel / skinny tire combo.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Gotta admit, I chuckled

Thanks Ben, my brain tries to block out the memories of harsh rides on big wheel / skinny tire combo.

O_E
    This summer I went from 275/30/19's to 265/35/19's and even that little bit help in the harsh ride perspective, can't imagine how harsh 20's will be. I think Eric got the tire size wrong as he wrote 19's instead of 20's.....
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    This summer I went from 275/30/19's to 265/35/19's and even that little bit help in the harsh ride perspective, can't imagine how harsh 20's will be. I think Eric got the tire size wrong as he wrote 19's instead of 20's.....
    I rode in DuckWingDucks pre-SpecialSauce RS6 with the 20" BBS CH and KWv3 = while it might have had the bling factor for some, it wasn't planted nor confidence inspiring. In certain sections of road, it felt like the car was skimming the crowns of bumps and no matter the amount of steering input, I was heading more straight versus the turn I was inputting (oversteer/understeer I don't know).

For me, 19" RS4 rims would have been perfect...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    QFT thanks for catching that.

Proper fitment for keeping speedometer/odometer accurate would be 255/30/20 - ride will be quite harsh...