Thread: Aero Twin Wiper kit...?

Aero Twin Wiper kit...?

Anyone have experience with these? I just wanna cleaner look of the OEM wipers and a little less clutter near the window area would help I think. I looked for the Valeo frame less blades, I hear they were discontinued. I have the Bosch Icons on my A4 and am not a fan- the look nor the function.

Does anyone know if these Aero twin set comes factory on the 6 in the EU market?

If I purchase these I will post up the results for the good of the board.

Let me know what the community thinks.

Thinking about picking these up...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A6-4B-o...2b5c71&vxp=mtr

as far as i know they did come as standard on A6 C5, they were on my '02 A6 C5 2.5TDI Quattro, surprisingly they didn't on the 2004 RS6, but you can find the whole OEM AeroTwin arm and replace the old one. Don't go for the AeroTwin blades only that fit our wiper arms, because they don't look that good and neither are as efficient as ours, i did it on my previous RS6 and wasn't very happy about it.

the ones in the ink above are OEM, so they should fit well.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Alright. Well I emailed the seller to see if they could send me a part number just to check the RS6 compatibility. Hate to order them and get the wrong wipers especially considering they are across the pond and want a restocking fee for any returns.

They should fit no problem, because you're replacing the entire arm. The connection on the wiper motor assembly is a splined piece, and these will slip down on and be held with a retaining bolt. It can be kind of a PITA to get the old wiper arm off, you may need a small gear puller to remove it.

I have these on my '02 C5 A6. The only issue I had with them was that I needed the wipers to pass PA inspection a couple of years ago, and NONE of the dealers/parts stores within an hour had them in stock. Had to be ordered and cost something like $75. I wound up going to Autozone and buying a regular refill set, tore them apart, and replaced just the wiper blade on the aero to get it passed that day. A few weeks later I found them on Tire Rack for something like $40 for the set.

For the RS6, I can go to any auto parts store and get new wipers for less than half the price.

The stock wiper inserts from Rock Auto for $5 work great, easy to replace! I'll dig up the part number if you want...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    They should fit no problem, because you're replacing the entire arm. The connection on the wiper motor assembly is a splined piece, and these will slip down on and be held with a retaining bolt. It can be kind of a PITA to get the old wiper arm off, you may need a small gear puller to remove it.

I have these on my '02 C5 A6. The only issue I had with them was that I needed the wipers to pass PA inspection a couple of years ago, and NONE of the dealers/parts stores within an hour had them in stock. Had to be ordered and cost something like $75. I wound up going to Autozone and buying a regular refill set, tore them apart, and replaced just the wiper blade on the aero to get it passed that day. A few weeks later I found them on Tire Rack for something like $40 for the set.

For the RS6, I can go to any auto parts store and get new wipers for less than half the price.

Hmm. Odd. I got the part numbers from the Ebay seller and ran it up to ECS tuning and they say it may not fit... Their listing does not show the RS6 at all as far as the compatible vehicles go. Is their a difference in the S6/RS6 vs. A6 windshields maybe?

Just wonder why they would say it "may" not fit, unless they are just unsure and don't know for sure.

I won't guarantee the fitment either, I can only speak from my experience. ECS could be saying "may not" from their experience, or because they don't want to deal with returns.

The wiper motor assembly in my RS6 failed and the replacement part I got came from an A6, and my wiper arms were a straight swap to the replacement. I was going to order this same set for my RS, but just based on the ease of finding new wipers, I decided to stay stock.

If you want to test first, you can probably find a used set in a salvage yard for a few dollars.

Of course. I think I am going to get the new set from ECS, they have the same part according to the numbers I got from the seller, think ECS was a bit cheaper too.

I tend to like the stock wipers with their beefiness and integrated spoilers. Plus the refills are super cheap in comparison to replacing aero-wipers all the time.

If you buy these, and want to sell your stock ones, PM me.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Once I pull the trigger and get the new ones installed I'll let you know.

SO I contacted ECS this a.m and they said they will not fit. According to the representative I spoke with he said they will be too short as the angle is not right for the RS6. The windshield on the C5 A6 with the 6 cylinder is more narrow than the 4.2 equipped C5.

Even still, a trip to the salvage yard may be in order. ECS has been wrong before.

And they list them as fitting the Allroad 4.2 but not the 4.2 A6
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/4B1955407D/ES7039/