Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young punk probably killed my car

Young punk probably killed my car

Coming home from a Cancer benefit for a friend last night, doing 65mph on the highway with cruise control on, some punk in Taurus rear ended us doing 90mph.

Crumpled the rear quarters and the rear doors won't open.

Me me and the wife are OK, I have a sore back. Spent most of the night at the ER to be safe.

Will keep the vultures updated
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Holy crap!. If you have a crumpled frame, the adjusters won't even balk and immediately write it off. I'm so sorry to hear. Glad you're okay.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I'm glad you guys are OK.

Envisioning that has me thinking that it could have had a much worse outcome.

Hopefully the Taurus driver was in big trouble with the authorities.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Total Bummer!...

That must have been a nasty hit. I hope you and your wife have no long term issues.
    210K miles rolled

Really sorry to hear about this….please be very careful some effects from a crash tend to not present right away but can take months before they appear. I would treat & rehab any & all injuries very carefully and hire an experienced attorney who can protect your property damage and health interests. What you've described is a very serious accident where the other party is clearly at fault. Best wishes for a speedy recovery & good luck getting made whole again by the insurance company.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

D@mn, that sux. Of course losing a car is a downer but rather that than anyone hurt. Well sounds like your car did it's job keeping you safe.

Or you may want mine to put the front clip of your car on.

And yes....if not I need a good front clip.

Glad your ok and that really sucks. Get big money from the jackasses.

QUOTE=marklar182;267643]Coming home from a Cancer benefit for a friend last night, doing 65mph on the highway with cruise control on, some punk in Taurus rear ended us doing 90mph.

Crumpled the rear quarters and the rear doors won't open.

Me me and the wife are OK, I have a sore back. Spent most of the night at the ER to be safe.

Will keep the vultures updated [/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you and the wife are okay, time for Avant conversion!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Ouch. Will find out tomorrow....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	15531  

it doesn't look too bad, i thought it was completely smashed, but by the way it looks it could be saved, most likely the exhaust has been damaged, rear left fender seems crumpled but if the roof is alright and has no dents or crumpled zones i think it can be repaired as long as the chassis doesn't hide any nasty surprises once the bumper will be removed...

how did the Taurus look like? obviously the Audi did its job in protecting you guys, i hope all sorts out ok and you walk out of the event with no long term injuries!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

After seeing the pic, and you saying the rear doors won't open... I hate to say it, but my money is on insurance totaling

Buyback and go Avant! Or at least sell the shell to someone who wants to go Avant. Would be terrible to see this beauty go to the wrecker!

Good luck, hope things work out!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Wow this looked to be immaculate. I would be using some vise grips on the insurance adjusters knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Ouch. Will find out tomorrow....

It was very clean.

Just got the call, total loss. Frame is buckled.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    It was very clean.

Just got the call, total loss. Frame is buckled.
    Sucks, hope they give you a good payout...there are plenty of RS6's for sale around at good prices if you plan on getting into another.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Sucks, hope they give you a good payout...there are plenty of RS6's for sale around at good prices if you plan on getting into another.
    I will have to think very hard about it, I still had a warranty on this car so no headaches. I was also very lucky that it was just a great car. No trans or DRC bugs. Was the perfect RS6!

Look to just be two nearby, one for a ridiculous price, one ok...here in Texas I don't see much need for AWD with the lack of snow and rain. I might be looking into a newer RWD car like M3-M5 if I was staying here.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ode1=AUDI&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&modelCode1=RS6&searchRadius=300&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&Log=0
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

i am really sorry to hear that, that's a bummer...what mileage did your car have?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

PM me if you want a VERY recent totaled quote/payout for an extremely clean 70K mile car and I bought it back so I can give you that too