Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Phoenix #904938

Hello from Phoenix #904938

Just wanted to post a few pix of my ride. Yes I know it's dirty and the stance is all wrong but I figured I would share anyways.

These will be great for some before and after shots for what I have planned...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	15492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	15493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	15494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	15495

Very nice! Ride height doesn't look too bad. You mentioned Statis? I think, but I believe those tend to have issues and may be discontinued. Hopefully they hold up well in the meantime. Not 100%, but cars with a VIN roughly below 905500 have shown to have a greater chance of TC/Trans issues. Maybe with any luck yours holds as your VIN at 904938 is close...but I'd be wary of tuning it if you were considering.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

A bit too low for my taste and the suspension rides FIIIIIRRM. I wanna look into getting the wheels more flush with the fenders. The Stasis was discontinued but these have been serviced in the last year as Stasis recommends and I can hear the rear shocks knocking round over bumps at slow speeds all the time, so annoying.

I have been all over the web collecting info on the ZF 5HP24A trans failures and repairs, I plan to do the repair myself once the inevitable happens.

First order of business though is getting this RNS-E all figured out and all the fluids and filters changed out in the next month or so. Tbelt was done in Mar 2011 so I'll probably do that December time frame.

R U faster than a redneek?

Pick one of mine and we can race. :-)

Congrats on the purchase and let's meet up on a Sat over on Indian Bend some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Just wanted to post a few pix of my ride. Yes I know it's dirty and the stance is all wrong but I figured I would share anyways.

These will be great for some before and after shots for what I have planned...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	15492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	15493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	15494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	15495

I'm down for a lil fun run sometime! Haven't been to the over to the Pavs in a long time.

Let me get this satnav figured and have the car detailed I will send you a PM to see what we can figure out.

Welcome aboard....

Gotta say- You gonna rebuild the transmission yourself- but having issues with getting the RNS-E Nav resolved?. I'd never get the transmission put back together- but the Sat Nav only took a couple of hours all-in.
    210K miles rolled

I think the ride height and stance looks good. As for Stasis, I got a whole setup I ripped out of mine cause all it did was clunk. Quotes I got to repair it were insane. I replaced it with the ST coilovers. Much softer ride but seemed to perform ok on the track. Welcome aboard!!!

Yeah the OG owner had some iPod accessory installed and with it in place 4 of the pins for the Sat Radio/Cd changer had to be displaced, not exactly sure which cavities they go in. Good observation though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    I think the ride height and stance looks good. As for Stasis, I got a whole setup I ripped out of mine cause all it did was clunk. Quotes I got to repair it were insane. I replaced it with the ST coilovers. Much softer ride but seemed to perform ok on the track. Welcome aboard!!!

Yeah what a rip, 3.5-4k for suspension with a million adjustment settings and it makes a bunch of low speed noise. Will look into ST.

You can ride in my H&R coilover setup. Smooth and firm....my daily.

KW V3 in the other....better but not worth 2 x money

i thought the Stasis suspension was better for that kind of money, you can rebuild the DRC system with $4k and might outlast the Stasis if you're lucky . Check the thread with the Koni shocks as a replacement for your suspension. I had the ST on my other RS6 and TBH it is great for daily driving as being a bit softer than the DRC, but body roll is a bit high, maybe with some Hotchkiss arbs would be different, but if i had to do it again i'd choose the Koni set up as it retains the stock springs, and that's really important due to their compression rate, as far as i can tell.
    However, having a proper working DRC on this RS6 now, i can definitely say that it is the best for this car, at least for my needs, will just have to see for how long it will last .

WELCOME aboard the Crazy Train!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You can ride in my H&R coilover setup. Smooth and firm....my daily.

KW V3 in the other....better but not worth 2 x money
    Will certainly take you up on that.

PSS9's ? any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    i thought the Stasis suspension was better for that kind of money, you can rebuild the DRC system with $4k and might outlast the Stasis if you're lucky . Check the thread with the Koni shocks as a replacement for your suspension. I had the ST on my other RS6 and TBH it is great for daily driving as being a bit softer than the DRC, but body roll is a bit high, maybe with some Hotchkiss arbs would be different, but if i had to do it again i'd choose the Koni set up as it retains the stock springs, and that's really important due to their compression rate, as far as i can tell.
    However, having a proper working DRC on this RS6 now, i can definitely say that it is the best for this car, at least for my needs, will just have to see for how long it will last .

WELCOME aboard the Crazy Train!

The Crazy Train lol

If you're serious about doing the trans rebuild yourself, check this out:
    http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104077

Good luck with that! and congrats on the ride

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post

O_E
    Hey, I was gonna dig that up....thanks for posting, great read.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post

O_E

THIS! Outstanding. Inspirational to say the least.

Having read through that entire thread and dissected every step of the way, I've come to the conclusion that it's easier and cheaper to buy a trans from someone doing their manual swap than it is to refresh mine.

Refresh that one out of the car, then swap it in and refresh my old trans to either keep as spare or sell if the time ever comes...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I've got two shot spares and one TC. The pain and expense is in the shipping.