Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Break Pads

Just to pass a bit of info along, my car had ebc reds listed as equipped to front brakes and my worn brake sensor does work. I'm about to upgrade to Yellowstuff found on amazon for about 128, rears for 85 US. My understanding is these brakes have a dongle cord that attach to a fixed sensor on the car that is not replaced. Which is why the Hawks say w/o Sensor it's only a lead cable.

What I'm personally trying to 100% is acquisition of non drilled smooth rotors in an oem look tho the jhm pair with removable hat for 750 might have to be it.

The EBC Yellows do have the wear sensors for the fronts and plug into the stock harness. Yea, stay away from the Reds.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The EBC Yellows do have the wear sensors for the fronts and plug into the stock harness. Yea, stay away from the Reds.
    What's wrong with red? I have had them on a couple of cars and they have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post
    What's wrong with red? I have had them on a couple of cars and they have been great.
    EBC Red debate...anyhow, I couldn't find the thread, but the member 4everRS had the reds crack and ruin a rotor one time, he got it all replaced by EBC I believe.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22...-vs-OEM-Rotors
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ouch. I will remember this.

So in another thread about rotors the list an audi part number for front non drilled as 4B3 615 301 B and 4B3 615 302 on parts.audiusa.com these are found but it gives no details about them and they are like 550 bucks... I don't see how that can be right

My warning light just went off - shame on me for not paying more attention, because the 3 brass posts have already put grooves in my rotor! seems they've been rubbing for quite some time. heard a bit of squeaking every once in a while, but thought the sensor would trip when it was legit.

Better to get rid of the OEM brake pads (Pagid), at no more than 50% of their useful life. The sensor doesn´t work with this pads and will ruin your discs which are pretty expensive. I can't understand why they stick with rivets when everybody else use bonded pads with excellent results, (EBC yellows, Hawk, ), so, be alert.