Thread: New Owner Saying Hi

New Owner Saying Hi

I've been reading up on here for a little while now and figured I'd introduce myself. Recently picked up #905324, Mugello/Ebony.

Anybody recommend any indie shops in the San Diego area?

And one random question: How is it that it would not have the memory function seats?

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have lots more questions along the way.

Welcome aboard the...

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    And one random question: How is it that it would not have the memory function seats?
    Welcome aboard. Owner's manual is your friend.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I checked the manual, the controls on my seats don't match those pictured in the manual (I don't have the round 4-way lumbar button but a rectangular 2-way one), and I don't have the actual memory buttons in the door as pictured either, which is why I was so confused.

Take pics and upload. All seats and door panels are the same on all RS6's. Sounds like your ride may have been pilfered from.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Welcome! Post up pics when you can. How many miles you at, original trans and TC?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You have the euro Recaros.

I noticed that car at the dealer. If you want a mint set of factory memory seats and a pile of cash in your hand. Call me

^ what he said. You have the Euro Recaro seats, probably the ex-owner replaced the US spec ones. We want pictures!!!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Headshot replaced the factory seats in his car with recaro's before I bought it. Memory settings were lost but I'm not complaining :-)
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

I noticed that car at the dealer. If you want a mint set of factory memory seats and a pile of cash in your hand. Call me
    There is/was one mugello in San Diego that the original owner (whom was on here for a while) that had Euro Recaros. (a VIN would help Dave find the username)
    He was dealing with some DRC issues and some transmission issues.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

That was my thought too, but I wasn't sure. I'll get some pics up this weekend. So you're local to SD area? Any shop recommendations?

And I'm at 85k miles, new trans/tc last month.

Green w envy. I'm sure that if you really wanted the US seats, there's a ton of guys that would swap with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    That was my thought too, but I wasn't sure. I'll get some pics up this weekend. So you're local to SD area? Any shop recommendations?

And I'm at 85k miles, new trans/tc last month.
    DHall is not local to SD, he is in AZ.

I was in SD until 2012.

PureMS in Miramar area was my indy shop of choice in SD.
    IF I had to go to a dealership, Hoehn in Carlsbad.
    IF I was to get something major modded, I would go to Raven Motorsports in Long Beach.

Audi5000csqt (John) is in the Carlsbad area.
    born2be (Wade) is in Escondido area.
    Doc (Dennis) had 2 RS6 in the Mission Valley area but not sure if he kept them.
    Benman (Ben) is in Murrietta area.
    There are a few more here and there and are infrequent on here.

Join Audizine also for some poker runs and Audi events.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140914_095329.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	15490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140914_095354.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	15491
    A couple quick cell phone pics

Nice score on the Recaro's! Do I see stock silver exhaust tips? If so, try and at least upgrade to the SE system with black tips, sounds better with extra resonator, something like that...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice score on the Recaro's! Do I see stock silver exhaust tips? If so, try and at least upgrade to the SE system with black tips, sounds better with extra resonator, something like that...
    Yep, still stock exhaust. I was planning on getting a full turboback made.

love the seats man! Yours is the exact one like mine.

Welcome and congratulations! Nice acquisition, especially with the Euro Recaro seats! Those are not cheap to get on their own!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold