Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy is retired

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Nice...except it's missing a couple of turbos...
    ^Agreed- I consider it my starter. I expect my driving skills to be the limiting factor during the transition and not HP. When I can push this go-cart relatively consistently around the road courses at its' limits- I'll trade-up....;0
    210K miles rolled

Hike your skirt Mary...
    2013 Audi S8

^LOL---Now I"m mad...;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Nice! Still seems heavy for a 911, though... 1000+lbs of weight off compared to the RS, though!
    2.8k lbs for 996 not heavy. Curb weight of stock 3.6 ltr. 996c2 aprx. 3215-3200. That thing will feel like a little feather compared to rs6.

Just remember don't lift loaded in a turn. Aside from engine weight hanging out behind rearwheel center, that car does not have the magic hands of god that quattros have.... it will snap around on you in a heartbeat

^Appreciate the input. Lil Mary is stepping out w/out Quattro.

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    2.8k lbs for 996 not heavy. Curb weight of stock 3.6 ltr. 996c2 aprx. 3215-3200. That thing will feel like a little feather compared to rs6.

Just remember don't lift loaded in a turn. Aside from engine weight hanging out behind rearwheel center, that car does not have the magic hands of god that quattros have.... it will snap around on you in a heartbeat
    Waiting for the C2 videos complete with AUDIO (hint hint)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

PPI completed. Negotiated a bit of a further discount with a few things that need done. It is now part of the Max Machines and will be headed to Arkansas. Happy about the very good compression leakage test at 2% on 4 cylinders, and 3% on the other 2, and 265 compression on all, fluids all good, tranny/clutch good, Moton and suspension good, brakes good.

Edit: On Transport 9/15/14 ETA 9/19/14

It just needs some cleanup wiring harness work, another seat, new harnesses, and some cosmetic type issues. However; slap a new set of tires on that sucker and in-date harnesses- it is capable of hitting the track as is.

With any luck, new vids and sounds (hopefully not the back end swinging around) before Christmas..;0
    Last edited by MaxRS6; September 11th, 2014 at 23:29.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Nice. I was going to guess PCA or something and I just missed it in the Mart.
    He did have it listed on Rennlist- and is where my friend saw it and told me to take a look.

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-m...nasa-gts4.html

It was also on RackingJunk

http://www.racingjunk.com/NASA-GTS-C...NASA-GTS4.html
    210K miles rolled

Crazy #2 is on glide path- Carrier scheduled to arrive later tonight- Wake up neighbors when I fire that thang (arkie) up.
    210K miles rolled

^LOL- Good one Dave! I was wondering how long it might take someone to spot the above..;0 The car is gonna be in for a shock with this lacky at the wheel in lieu of Darren's skilled hands. It just landed and I just pulled it into the garage to give it some TLC.

Edit: This thing's auditory footprint is big indeed- woke up the neighbors in the next county! Gonna be investing in ear plugs. Good thing I'm on good terms with my neighbors..;0
    Last edited by MaxRS6; September 18th, 2014 at 15:19.
    210K miles rolled

The past weekend's weather was perfect for Crazy #2's first track adventure at Motorsport Ranch Cresson. It was a blast!

The car was finished being prepared on Thursday. I had literally only driven it up and off onto the trailer before hitting the track. It was interesting rowing a manual car after 20+ years..;0

Vid to follow

The tape is still on the windshield from it being freshly installed the evening prior to travel day. Did I mention it was ready just in time-LOL?

210K miles rolled

Well that looks to be a good time!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

A few minutes. Hey Ben- It has sound.

Yes- Shifting and other issues to improve upon during the next adventure. It corners very nicely and I look forward to pushing it further.

Last edited by MaxRS6; October 29th, 2014 at 02:00.
    210K miles rolled

Dang, that's mean! Great audio, where'd you mount the mic, or add wind screen?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks Lou! It is a fun track car and zero issues other than the driver. The brakes are awesome- and I was braking way too early all weekend as I was accustomed to stopping Crazy out there. This thing is a go cart on steroids.

I had a second gopro on the rear hatch. I combined that audio with the front mounted GoPro video.
    210K miles rolled

Took the 996 back out to Texas World Speedway. It is too sad they are closing our Lady TWS. She does show her age, but it is still a great configuration and ton of fun. I am going to hit TWS a few more times before the show closes in June/15.

A few minutes clipped out of the above following smokey..;0

210K miles rolled

Awesome Randy! I'll try and get my shiat together and get out there in Jan/Feb. Got plenty of time, just gotta get to it!