Thread: X5 M = Very bad day

Flag X5 M = Very bad day

This has been on my mind for a while...

My girlfriend has a 2013 X5 M. Last time we were out playing with our cars, the results did not go my way. After about 25 or 30, mine is faster. The 0-30 part is the problem. I do not understand how I am getting beaten by this 5300 pound station wagon, which only has 100 HP more than I do.

Does anyone have good suggestions to overcome this problem? Are there any things that cause the RS6 to slow down with age? What should I check? Any suggested modifIcation?

Turbos are hitting proper boost, one intercooler is visibly leaking somewhat. I am replacing both with the Wagner unit in a month or so when I do my timing job. Thinking about electronic remapping, either APR or custom tune by a local Audi shop that my friends love. What else might put my sport sedan ahead of her station wagon?

Well if you're stock, and with leaking IC's, could do it. Test and tune the car, upgrade IC's hose kit to venair. Go with Eurocharged tune, $1k less than APR, basically as good. A tune will give you at least 50hp and 100tq.

Launch and trans on the XM5 is way more precise I would think.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Vag com data log 3, 31, 115

Log turbo mode in 3rd gear 2500 to redline.

If all is well.

Tune dat some beetch

Put 7g in the bank for the trans

Bye bye x5m

So your upset about losing to a much newer vehicle with 100hp more and probably a 10x better trans?

6spd swap, ICs, and tune and I'm sure the results would be better....but let's be honest, while I love my beast, it's not as fast as it once was. Alot of cars out there are just as quick if not much faster.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Was just reading X5M can do 0-60 in 3.9, so yea you're gonna lose...you're comparing a $20k car to $50k car too, about.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Her X5 was 96000. :-/

But still, 4.0 should be achievable by our cars without too much work. From a 20 to 30 mile an hour roll, I can always keep ahead, and pull away. If it wasn't for the launch mode on that X5, it pulling so much more weight, it should not be able to keep up very far.

1300 pounds of extra weight should count for something.

That being said, I love her car. A lot different from my E38s...

I wish my parents bought me a fancy car for my 30th like hers did for her... maybe for my 31st in November... Ha.
    Last edited by Zorb; September 2nd, 2014 at 06:28.

With the proper tune..eh,

Left foot braking is enabled.

APR or Viper.

Say bye bye to the M5.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Vag com data log 3, 31, 115

Log turbo mode in 3rd gear 2500 to redline.

If all is well.

Tune dat some beetch

Put 7g in the bank for the trans

Bye bye x5m

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    With the proper tune..eh,

Trans destruction is enabled.

APR or Viper.

Say bye bye to the M5.
    Fixed dat...

Driving the RS6 stock is like _______.

I'll go first....getting beat by an M5.

My car was faster than my brothers E60 M5, then he put a $10k supercharger kit on, kinda changed things.

I have no worries about transmission. I have a local trans shop who is best described as the rocket scientist of the world of the automatic transmission. I already talked to him about this, I showed him the design, and he showed me pictures of an RS6 taken apart in his shop. He said it was one of the most interesting jobs he had ever done. He also showed me time slips from what that guy did afterwards.

I don't really care if I have to put 6000 into transmission, he is willing to give me 3 years unlimited miles warranty, my family has sent many cars through him. Not cheap, but great work.

APR or Viper tune

Good to go

I just wish I didn't have this overall feeling of fragility surrounding this car. I had one before, had no problems, including DRC, but also sold it at 29000 miles (huge regret).

I always felt like I could bolt a humongous supercharger onto my 750iL and not worry about it because the car feels like it was carved out of granite. On the other hand, RS6 feels sensitive, temperamental, and uncertain regarding pushing it far.

I had installed Dinan S3 on my 2001 540i, but it felt over its limit. I don't want this RS6 to be too far pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post
    I just wish I didn't have this overall feeling of fragility surrounding this car. I had one before, had no problems, including DRC, but also sold it at 29000 miles (huge regret).

I always felt like I could bolt a humongous supercharger onto my 750iL and not worry about it because the car feels like it was carved out of granite. On the other hand, RS6 feels sensitive, temperamental, and uncertain regarding pushing it far.
    that's exactly how i feel about the RS6, i too own a 750Li and by comparison the Beemer feels carved out of granite, to quote you again . I had a 540i as well plus a few E46, and yeah, Beemers do get you that feeling that no matter how much you abuse them they always fall on their feet, while with the Audis, they seems to be like the very pretty girl out there but way way to moody, you got to work your ass out to get her in a good mood and takes so little to spoil that

However, i love her as it is
    Last edited by mik15; September 2nd, 2014 at 08:23.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    that's exactly how i feel about the RS6, i too own a 750Li and by comparison the Beemer feels carved out of granite, to quote you again . I had a 540i as well plus a few E46, and yeah, Beemers do get you that feeling that no matter how much you abuse them they always fall on their feet, while with the Audis, they seems to be like the very pretty girl out there but way way to moody, you got to work your ass out to get her in a good mood and takes so little to spoil that

However, i love her as it is
    The E38 BMW is probably my all time favorite car. Just too bad there aren't many performance options for the V12s. I've been able to do a bit with mine, but not as much as I would like to do.

Is there really anything else that tends to break when you turn the wick up, besides the trans and tq converter? (Scumbag quattro GmbH saying they didn't have a strong enough manual trans)
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

no, not really, i took my RS on the track and suffered no injuries, is just that knowing the weak link of a car does make you feel a bit insecure sometimes especially when that is the gearbox , honestly being and without exaggerating, apart from the GB i'd say the cars are pretty strong, i am on my second RS, so that's got tell something
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast