Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello (New owner from Saint Louis MO)

yeah it was not the gas cap, I took off and put back on the light is still on. Will be taking in for diagnosis I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    yeah it was not the gas cap, I took off and put back on the light is still on. Will be taking in for diagnosis I guess.
    Took a week for mine to clear, just saying. You need to clear the code, then you'll have no light for 10-80 miles...some codes seem to take longer to throw the CEL.

Edit; for me, one of the most important things with this car is a reputable independent mechanic.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

totally agree. I need to find one for sure. I hate to be paying the ridiculous up fees that shop/dealers charge.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Edit; for me, one of the most important things with this car is a reputable independent mechanic.
    And a scan tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post
    And a scan tool.
    Specifically http://www.ross-tech.com/

Yep, from reading codes to clearing them, logging data when tuning or having issues, priceless really.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Codes are locked into the computer depending on the severity of the code and the amount of cycles in which they appear. To throw the CEL just means it is severe enough or there have been enough repetitions in a certain amount of time. As LSwing said, if it was your gas cap being loose it's the same after you re-tighten it, you will need to drive a little while and/or a couple of restarts and drives without the condition recurring in order for it to clear. A good Code reader is much easier such as Vagcom. BTW, the car looks really nice and clean. Post the last 6 of the VIN as mentioned above as DHall on the list has the master list of the VIN and he may be able to tell you a little history about the car.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Welcome! Looks like a nice, well-kept car! I drove a ways to get mine, too
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Thanks. The last six of the vin are: 904554. It needs some tint for sure.