Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello (New owner from Saint Louis MO)

Hello (New owner from Saint Louis MO)

Just want to jump in here and say hello to the RS6 community. I am out in Saint Louis MO and just bought one from Chicago. Best 250 miles I have ever driven. Researched all about them for a long time but to actually drive the beast, priceless. Anyways, I am sure I will have issue/questions about mine down the line. Thanks

V

Can you post the last 6 of the vin?

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    Anyways, I am sure I will have issue/questions about mine down the line.
    .....yes, yes you will. lol Great forum here and lots of knowlege.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Hi.

And pics are a must....
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Welcome.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Moo.

you got it. I will take some and post in the next day or 2

Welcome!!!

Welcome! Lets get some pics and details of the beast.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Welcome aboard the...

210K miles rolled

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	15452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-3.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	15453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-4.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	15454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-6.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	15455

I don't know if its stock or not. I realized that it does not have an owners manual which sucks. It has the Sound Enhancing Exhaust System w/ Black Exhaust Tips and warm weather package. What sold me on it is the maintenance records from the previous owner who had it under warranty and serviced at a local Audi Dealer. Few issues I have now are:

Not sure how to reset defaults. For some reason when I start it the driver side vent is set to high heat or something. I have to wait and then take the temp down to whatever is comfortable
    Just today engine light came on (wtf I have had it for 3 days lol) I ran my scanner and it showed P0456 - Evaporative Leak small. Now I am not a mechanic just an IT nerd so not sure what this is but I don't see anything leaking from the car other then the AC water dispenser. Any help on this?

Thanks guys.

Best color combo! Evap code could just be gas cap, tighten and clear code. You'll want this, Ross-tech.com. Cheers!

Look deep under the steering wheel, I thought my manual was gone too
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The code could also be caused by the N80 purge valve, located on the passenger side of the motor bay, near the shock tower. Mine has been replaced twice in its short 44k life.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    The code could also be caused by the N80 purge valve, located on the passenger side of the motor bay, near the shock tower. Mine has been replaced twice in its short 44k life.
    You still on stock trans and TC with that later vin? Tuned?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You still on stock trans and TC with that later vin? Tuned?
    I am on stock tune, trans is stock as well, but at 33k the pervious owner had the egts replaced, which was a motor pull. The tech notice some leaks and replaced the trans seal(?) and rear main seal. Along with timing, VCs, and a few other items.

I've got no codes, and I'm still learning how this trans behaves...I'm much more use to the modern DSGs. So I can't really tell if it's acting up or not.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    I am on stock tune, trans is stock as well, but at 33k the pervious owner had the egts replaced, which was a motor pull. The tech notice some leaks and replaced the trans seal(?) and rear main seal. Along with timing, VCs, and a few other items.

I've got no codes, and I'm still learning how this trans behaves...I'm much more use to the modern DSGs. So I can't really tell if it's acting up or not.
    Another showing of vin past 5500 holding strong. There's an upgraded rear trans seal for the output shaft, have that done on mine, prevents leaking, which is nice. The MTM shift chip makes it a bit crisper, but she's a bit slow and mucky of a trans. As you mentioned, working it well with either throttle or/and tip can help things.

Get used to the CEL....you will see it a lot...comes on for nearly everything. Most times , it won't put you in limp mode, but when it does, you will be driving a pig...
    2013 Audi S8