Thread: Might be looking for some DRC components

Might be looking for some DRC components

I am in process of replacing front shocks but am having a hard time pulling a vacuum in the system on one channel. Rears are good if tested individually.

If anyone has any deinstalled hardware left, particularly accumulators that are in good order, I would be interested to talk.

The reason I am doing this is that I have a leaking shock in front and so am replacing both. I secured the hardware brand new for $450 for both, so I figured I might as well.

If you need shocks, I still got them, but drc lines are cut off

Found some...

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...3&autoModClar=

Looks like petzl21 is about to remove his DRC, maybe get some parts?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Rear shocks possibly, though they were replaced not much before I got the car. My fronts are brand new. Are your rears first or second design?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Found some...

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...3&autoModClar=

Looks like petzl21 is about to remove his DRC, maybe get some parts?
    I have seen RS6s with suspension conversion and never found that I liked the ride as much. DRC doesn't give an extremely smooth ride, as you know, but it's a very good balance and I like its cornering stability. Making a car with a conventional setup handle as well as DRC does seems to make it ride too hard for my liking.

Lemme know what you are looking for, I pulled everything out of mine.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

My car is fixed for now, $1300 and a week (with an old BMW loaner) later.

In my case both fronts were leaking, one was pretty far gone. Rears and all plumbing were fine.

My question is: which axle is more problematic? Front or rear? Apparently all of the shocks had been changed, but in separate pairs. The fronts were done at about 32000 with new units of the old design, and rears were done at 56000 with units of the new design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post

In my case both fronts were leaking, one was pretty far gone. Rears and all plumbing were fine.

My question is: which axle is more problematic? Front or rear? Apparently all of the shocks had been changed, but in separate pairs. The fronts were done at about 32000 with new units of the old design, and rears were done at 56000 with units of the new design.
    The fronts were leaking because they were the old style. That's too bad. Surprised you couldn't source a pair from someone on the forum here, swap the damper out yourself, and then just pay the stealer to recharge the system at a nominal $150.00... There is no direct correlation for front vs. rear for the dampers themselves that I'm aware of. I can personally attest to the fact that failure on two occassions for the one ride here was specific to the hoses vs. the dampers themselves. I can also personally attest to the fact that I replaced a perfectly functioning set of Gen 1 DRC dampers that had over 225000 miles on them as part of the recall. I'm not aware of any other cars making it that distance on the Gen 1 stuff that was all to often subject to depressurization.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post

I'll be pulling out my DRC in the next few weeks or so, and replacing with Koni's, and after seeing your repair bill i am glad i decided to make the change! Let me know if you need anything, and we will try and be gentle with the evil DRC when removing!

And a side note, my DCR was warranty replaced back in 2009 (i think, i'll have to check the records i got from origional owner to see date and miles). I have 89k and now i am starting to get a knock in low speeds, and its progressing into higher speeds, and more corners on the car. driving me crazy!!! dont know if that is the avg life for these, or if its hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    I'll be pulling out my DRC in the next few weeks or so, and replacing with Koni's, and after seeing your repair bill i am glad i decided to make the change! Let me know if you need anything, and we will try and be gentle with the evil DRC when removing!

And a side note, my DCR was warranty replaced back in 2009 (i think, i'll have to check the records i got from origional owner to see date and miles). I have 89k and now i am starting to get a knock in low speeds, and its progressing into higher speeds, and more corners on the car. driving me crazy!!! dont know if that is the avg life for these, or if its hit or miss.
    The parts I am most worried about are the accumulators, since they are expensive. I am however interested in anything not leaking, other than metal piping.

See, I like the ride and character of DRC, but if I can't keep it working well without spending a lot, I might eventually $hitcan it too.

Stupid Stealer charged $300 to recharge. I ordered a coupler so I can recharge it myself, hope I get it eventually. My credit card hasn't been charged, and my order still says pending / back order, so I am not caring much right now.