Thread: Whooooosh!!!

Whooooosh!!!

Dammit if I didn't blow an IC hose this aft.... >sigh< Just something I wanted to take care of instead of enjoying a nice cold one by the firepit.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I know that all too familiar sound- good news is- it makes a Whooooosh
    210K miles rolled

Well thar's your problem....

Another one of the few engine repairs that can be made without having to put the car into 'service position' of drop the powerplant.... lol 10 minute repair! Will look to swap out the OEM hoses and clamps for a set of Venair's while I swap rides for the winter. In the mean time, back tearing up the streets again. Gave an SL63 AMG a big surprise that he won't soon forget. :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intercooler hose.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	15451
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

When you install your new hoses & clamps clean off all of the piping with some Brake cleaner so you get a nice dry & grippy surface for the new hoses. Have never had one of the Venaire hoses come off, even when my sensing line was disconnected and I spiked to 22psi (not absolute, that was 23psi ambient) for a few seconds before limp mode kicked in.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA