Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Needing a new engine or maybe just new heads

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    After my car sits a few weeks I get a touch of clatter for a few seconds but I don't think it's the Lifters (it might be), but I think it's the cam tensioners (maybe not?).
    This was no clatter on startup but only a bit of clatter when hot and at low revs. I'm thinking that the new/old engine is the way to go in the end.

I just sent you a text w a lead on a engine in WA.

Rustic, saw your car at the shop. I haven't seen a 4.2tt engine with auto trans attached, out of the car, for some time. Man, that lump is huge! Anyway, what's the plan? Going to clean it up and run it or replace the block?
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Rustic, saw your car at the shop. I haven't seen a 4.2tt engine with auto trans attached, out of the car, for some time. Man, that lump is huge! Anyway, what's the plan? Going to clean it up and run it or replace the block?
    I now have two engines there. I am going to put in the "new one" and sell off the rest of the old one including the trans/turbos/pretty much any part of a complete engine. so if you know of anyone needing bits and pieces.....

Dang! You doing the 6mt while you're in there?
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Dang! You doing the 6mt while you're in there?
    No. Thought about, in fact I had always thought that when my trans gave out I would do it. But the traffic around here and the only modest reviews of the driving experience (chatter etc.) not to mention how many of them seem to get sold so quickly after the mod, just makes me too weary and wary to go that way. I prefer driving a stick but just wasn't keen enough on it to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    No. Thought about, in fact I had always thought that when my trans gave out I would do it. But the traffic around here and the only modest reviews of the driving experience (chatter etc.) not to mention how many of them seem to get sold so quickly after the mod, just makes me too weary and wary to go that way. I prefer driving a stick but just wasn't keen enough on it to take the plunge.
    100%....love me an auto box.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Saw Jason welding your IC's today and Donny wrapping up the engine install... almost together!

Would be interested to know parts and labor cost totals, ~$10k? Glad to see it's almost there!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Saw Jason welding your IC's today and Donny wrapping up the engine install... almost together!
    I just went over today and it looks like he is taking good care of it all. He said he would probably have it on the road by end of day and finish tweaking next week. His rebuilt ICs sure looked nice and he seems to be really paint attention to the details. I'm looking forward to putting my son's Jetta away.