Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please School me on the RS6 front seats

Please School me on the RS6 front seats

So, my front seats (black), esp my drivers seat, is getting in rough shape (i'll get some pic's for ya'all). On the upper side support next to door on drivers seat is really worn out and cracked, as is the lower side support is getting cracked and worn out pretty good. Car has 88k on it and spent its life in FL heat, so that and a lot of in and out just tooks its toll on them.

I am trying to see what my options are. Here is how i see them.

1. Have an upholstery shop redo the seat. not sure how close they could color match the leather, and i am sure it could be a pricey job.
    2. Find an RS6 thats being parted, and hope their seat's are in better shape. I have been looking but tough to find, and also shipping is pricey.
    3. Replace front seats with a different seat. Any options out there that are as good or better than the seats in our cars, that are plug and play (or a wiring adapter to make PS and heater work)?
    4. Any other options???

Shokan is close to you. 375

I mean it doesn't hurt to get a quote from the dealer too, maybe get a part number on here from one of the guys with ETKA, and then keep an eye on that part through vwparts closeout section.

If/when you do remove and/or replace your seat, don't forget the plastic gears that wear out and let your seat wobble. have been trying to source hard parts to replace mine, not digging the rocking chair feel when I'm in stop&go traffic.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Can just the seat cover (leather) be purchased?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Shokan is close to you. 375

Who is Shokan? do you have a link to the ad?

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    If/when you do remove and/or replace your seat, don't forget the plastic gears that wear out and let your seat wobble. have been trying to source hard parts to replace mine, not digging the rocking chair feel when I'm in stop&go traffic.

O_E
    You never tried my tinfoil trick on the plastic gears? Works great...fold up said tinfoil, lower seat, with pliers and flashlight from the front you can see where it can be wedged into the gears. Once you get it there, hold down the memory button and let the seat go back into place. When it rises up/moves the tinfoil gets pinched in the gears. About 80% effective, much better for me.

Edit; you just can't let someone use your seat adjust. I usually yell "don't touch that" when someone is around the seat.

http://www.shokan.com/
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    Who is Shokan? do you have a link to the ad?
    And another option, if you are handy and have a burning hole in your pocket, www.ebay.de (use google translate) and search for Audi RS6 C5 seats... or contact Scotty at AutomatedInnovations in TX
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

i'd be interested in an answer to 4ever's question as my bolster foam is in great shape and leather is still very good but it is still ~12 years old.

Thanks, just sent an inquiry to shokan. well see if they have any in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    And another option, if you are handy and have a burning hole in your pocket, www.ebay.de (use google translate) and search for Audi RS6 C5 seats... or contact Scotty at AutomatedInnovations in TX

The + Recaro seat that only came with the euro edition have always been on my wish list…however have never seen a set for reasonable money in decent condition or I would jump on them…think they would really set a car apart from all the others…my .02
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

The Recaro seats are the highest on my list as well, of all the Euro mods I did (Recaro, headlights, taillights, pedals).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6Recaro_02.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	15407  

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    The Recaro seats are the highest on my list as well, of all the Euro mods I did (Recaro, headlights, taillights, pedals).

Very nice how much did those set you back and how difficult was the install to match the rails?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Thanks, just sent an inquiry to shokan. well see if they have any in good shape
    Don't wait by your phone...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    They that slow to respond or sometimes not at all! Best to just give them a call then huh!

I would love the Recaro seats, but dont have a burning hole in my pocket!

They that slow to respond or sometimes not at all! Best to just give them a call then huh!

I would love the Recaro seats, but dont have a burning hole in my pocket!
    Yes, I would chase them down. They get all the money too, so make sure you have exhausted all your other avenues...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I've called them 3-4 times over the years, good service right away...prices a bit high, but they had what I needed!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com