Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks all....Thing 1, 2, and 3...

Thanks all....Thing 1, 2, and 3...

No CEL....no issues....just fun! Couldn't have done it without this forum.....thanks all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140808_205959.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	15403

Mind sharing the wealth a little? That red is looking at me and prefers to be with me.
    6spd complete

Vedy nice barn and sleds!
    210K miles rolled

Three rs6s? Glutton for punishment huh?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Three rs6s? Glutton for punishment huh?
    One for summer, one for winter, and one for spare parts...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    One for summer, one for winter, and one for spare parts...
    lol what if the one for parts had bad/broken parts that you are needing? then what do you do?

Buy a 4th

So patriotic...very nice!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by SA RS6 View Post
    lol what if the one for parts had bad/broken parts that you are needing? then what do you do?
    Well, when I had 2, I had a situation whereupon both were out of service due to mechanical problems. The first ride (summer car) was having a transmission swap being performed (big surprise there right...), and the second ride (winter car) had left me stranded with a broken front passenger drive axle that failed in -35C temps near a shopping mall. I couldn't tow the second back to the garage to repair because I had the first apart with the tranny swap so I left it at the parking lot of the shopping mall I managed to get it pulled in to. I then had to wait for the weather to warm up from arctic temps to a more reasonable -10 temperature range so that I could complete the axle repair outside at the location it failed at. Bonus was that with the one apart with the tranny swap, I merely had to pinch the drive axle already sitting on the bench to use as a quick repair to the stranded ride.

Since that point I told myself I had three options. 1. Get rid of all the Audi's and purchase something newer and less prone to drastic failure (when it occurs). Difficult to get anything as good as the AWD platform for winter conditions in my neck of the woods; 2. Get another vehicle for the collection - A tow truck....; 3. Get a 3rd beast to pinch parts from as required or to fill in when one or both of the others are having maintenance/repair performed. Although #2 carries a lot of weight, I elected to do #3. A few months later now and I will be pulling back to 2 rides instead of 3, and by spring next year might even pull back to one.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Should convert one to wagon!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Should convert one to wagon!
    I don't need/desire one that bad to go through all the effort. I will likely look to procure one from Europe or the UK in another 3 years.

Pulled the one beast around the rear to fill up a low tire. Figured I'd take a quick photo of the carnage in my garage. Gray beast is dealing with a vibrating drive train (believe it's the central shaft support bearing). Blue beast needs some attention for a leaky seal on the passenger turbo and a timing related matter. Black beast is active and tearing up the streets.
    Name:  IMG_6791 - Copy.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6792 - Copy.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  101.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6793 - Copy.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  94.3 KB

Very nice Bigglez...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Holy cowtown!

Where is all the snow

Tim, I have my original driveshaft and it's in pretty good shape, if you're interested...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Tim, I have my original driveshaft and it's in pretty good shape, if you're interested...
    Thx Mike. Just ordered the 034 Motorsport Support Bearing though and will look to swap the item out in a couple of weeks. Vibration was getting progressively worse (to the point I thought I was losing a wheel), and it was worse under load (both engine load and weight load). There was pronounced movement up and down at the midpoint where the support bearing was even through the rubber was still in tact. Starting with the most difficult item and then will move outwards to each drive axle. Wheels have been ruled out.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Pulled the one beast around the rear to fill up a low tire. Figured I'd take a quick photo of the carnage in my garage. Gray beast is dealing with a vibrating drive train (believe it's the central shaft support bearing). Blue beast needs some attention for a leaky seal on the passenger turbo and a timing related matter. Black beast is active and tearing up the streets.
    Name:  IMG_6791 - Copy.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6792 - Copy.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  101.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6793 - Copy.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  94.3 KB
    Dang!! I feel not so bad.....wifey got me some track time for my birthday....loved it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140813_183035(1).jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	15418

Although I could smell the money going up in smoke.....

Looks like some fun.

I could use a red one....hmmm