Thread: Stupid question. (2003 RS6) Where's my menu button?

Question Stupid question. (2003 RS6) Where's my menu button?

In the manual, there are multiple references of using a menu button to program the trip computer and a number of other vehicle settings. My question is: where is this button on my car? Enclosed is a picture of the specifiedlocation on the vehicle.

Would this have been part of a navigation unit? This vehicle has an aftermarket radio with navigation, one that I am not in love with. I would almost like an excuse to throw this thing away and find a nice factory unit for it.

press down on the center round button

Edit: snap up an RNS-E and be done with it, got good nav, digital music, no TEXT based Navigation in which there are no updated DVD's for the Symphony head unit Nav crap...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Pressing the center round button does nothing unless it is in one of the navigation systems menus, in which case it seems to have a select or enter type function.

Try the button at the end of the windshield wiper stalk. The button at the bottom of the stock is the reset button for average MPG, & Speed. It also resets total time driven.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

all the buttons on the end of the wiper control do is togglw between DIC functions. post to be a way to set time and date, tire pressure information, a number of other things. I have seen it on other cars. this particular vehicle seems to be missing those functions.

Location would help in identifying your configuration. Not all markets had the same features.
    Roy, WA

US market. #905172

Looks like a U.S. model which don't have TPMS. You set the clock from the post on the left in the Instrument cluster.
    Roy, WA

it is a US model. TPMS is not relevant to me, since I know how to use a pressure gauge. On the other hand, there are supposed to be additional options that can be access to that menu. Whatever... It is not a big deal. It would just be nice if the manual informed us of the difference. I would assume that my manual is a version only distributed with US models, so I suppose that the inclusion of that information is simply an error.

Incidentally, I already know how to set the clock from the panel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post
    it is a US model. TPMS is not relevant to me, since I know how to use a pressure gauge. On the other hand, there are supposed to be additional options that can be access to that menu. Whatever... It is not a big deal. It would just be nice if the manual informed us of the difference. I would assume that my manual is a version only distributed with US models, so I suppose that the inclusion of that information is simply an error.

Incidentally, I already know how to set the clock from the panel itself.
    Really, people offer you help and you want to complain? I'll keep it in mind Updating your location would help.

Edit; TPMS is great when driving down the highway...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Really, people offer you help and you want to complain? I'll keep it in mind Updating your location would help.

No complaints. I'm appreciative of the insights. I am just annoyed with my owner's manual.

No complaints. I'm appreciative of the insights. I am just annoyed with my owner's manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb View Post
    Easy to misread online, you'll find great info on here. Never noticed the menu reference, will have to look now. Remember this thing is 10 years old, be glad to have a manual!

And if that's your major complaint, just wait...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

And if that's your major complaint, just wait...
    I've owned BMWs before. These complicated cars do all have their moments I am sure, especially with RS6 being more complicated (and packed in) than my 740iL's and 750iL.

Really, people offer you help and you want to complain? I'll keep it in mind

+1

In the interim- I use my Arkansas Heads Up Display Buddy to reach out and do the work- I wish he would develop a different low tire pressure alert. ;0
    210K miles rolled

On UK cars it's this button which is unmarked on yours and looks like it's a blank just like the one at the bottom. You press it to access the menu and then use the knob to adjust the settings.

Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC Stage 1+ remap, MRC Air Filters, Custom Exhaust (no rear mufflers), Wagner Intercoolers, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers and H&R Rollbars.