Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Special Sauce is now in Boston

I won't be able to make it. I am traveling to the Azores for a 2-week vacation on August 28th.
    Let's make this happen again later in September, and I can join in too.

wow there are a lot of rs6 in boston huh? I have a black one in brighton. I recently bought it with bad tranny and is currently undergoing 6spd swap and a few mods (bell IC cores, downpipes, ohlins, sways, sportecs, hybrid wheel, stiffer wg)

It's all relative, I guess. I've got a gray one in Arlington and in the 3 years I've had it I've yet to encounter another one...

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    It's all relative, I guess. I've got a gray one in Arlington and in the 3 years I've had it I've yet to encounter another one...
    I think there's 7 in Boston .... Maybe more. There's the 4 guys, then me and you, and I know a guy alpinab7 that works in financial district with a gray one ...

900 cars and 7 are in Boston area is pretty good I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by dxc View Post
    I think there's 7 in Boston .... Maybe more. There's the 4 guys, then me and you, and I know a guy alpinab7 that works in financial district with a gray one ...

900 cars and 7 are in Boston area is pretty good I'd say
    I'd say the US is easily down to around 600 by this point...just looking a the average amount that get wrecked per year and lost. And we only see a fraction of that is my guess...

We had 4-5 in the Eugene area at times, and that's just 260k population. Guessing Seattle must have at least 10, NW seems to like these cars.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yeah, there are now 3 in a sleepy little town of 35,000 outside Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'd say the US is easily down to around 600 by this point...just looking a the average amount that get wrecked per year and lost. And we only see a fraction of that is my guess...

We had 4-5 in the Eugene area at times, and that's just 260k population. Guessing Seattle must have at least 10, NW seems to like these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Heard rumors about that...some say it's just the desert winds blowing...let me know when mine is ready.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    There were a total of 4 in Calgary in 2007 (all 2004 CDN only models), and then in 2008 when the Gov't revised their bumper standards for crash testing, a few more USD 2003 models were added..... I personally have doubled the original amount since 2007, and I know there are at least another dozen total in Calgary that weren't here in 2007 prior to the ban being lifted for import. That said, I have only ever seen another example on the road twice in the past 7 years since I first got one.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Probably 40 in Seattle. Most sit in the garage 6 days a week not being seen like mine.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Probably 40 in Seattle. Most sit in the garage 6 days a week not being seen like mine.
    Mine WAS a DD and I rarely saw another.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Can't meet up Saturday night - have to work - but lunch in Medford with RS6er's on Saturday is still on if anyone is up for it.

BTW, Special Sauce thoroughly embarrassed a BMW M Coupe today and the M Coupe driver was livid. He was with his girl and I felt bad for her.

Oh the poor little douche coupe

I think the Northeast got a big chunk of the RS6's initially; coastal states usually get more exotica than say, the midwest or deep south. They're too busy playing with their 'Merican stuff

dxc, when did you get your black RS6? Get it from a guy in Wellesley by any chance? I looked at a black one there with ~85k and it was a little suspect.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Just made contact with another RS6 owner in Brockton while perusing FS listings on Craigslist. Might try to get him to come. When are we doing this again? Can we swing Sunday sometime?
    Last edited by Turbowned; September 9th, 2014 at 21:08.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Sunday works for me.

Ben thanks for being kind enough to let me take Special Sauce for an extended ride over the Mass highways and byways while I was in town. I never driven a faster RS6 in my entire life, Special Sauce is like a totally different animal. One of my favorite things is hearing the pronounced sound of the blow off valve Wanted to give Special Sauce's new owner props for stepping up to give Special Sauce a new home, sorting out the tune and installing a new meth system (car is running superbly) and being an all around great addition to the forum family.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

NISTAH, I think that I had as much fun as you did!

Special Sauce truly is one of a kind.