Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Sauce is now in Boston

Special Sauce is now in Boston

Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update that Special Sauce is now living in Boston (nene, let's grab a coffee!). The only changes that I have made since I purchased her was to install an aquamist meth kit and a retune (she had snow previously and Tony at EPL strongly suggested that we upgrade). After the swap, Tony was able to run a more aggressive tune and she is now "oh my god, I might die" fast.

About me: I always wanted an RS6 because I love the blend of practicality and performance. I am not a mechanic, however, I am a "car guy" and I love the community here as everyone is helpful and supportive - unlike a lot of the other car communities who just seem to bicker a lot.

I am proud to be the new owner of Special Sauce and am glad that she is so well known here.

Ben
    Last edited by Spcl Sauce; July 27th, 2014 at 01:30.

Vedy nice! Welcome aboard the..

210K miles rolled

Omg

I have sat in this car.....a long time ago.

I'm up for checking out Special Sauce in person anytime.

Welcome aboard! Did Tony give you any difference specifics on the Snow kit versus aquamist kit other probably larger mister nozzles?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

I think Tony is a fan of Aquamist specifically because of its internal failsafe feature.

He was able to run a more aggressive tune because of it so Special Sauce is now pushing around 700hp / 850tq at the crank. Level 10 transmission is holding so far!

I'll take her to the dyno when the temperature drops, which in Massachusetts should be soon!
    Last edited by Spcl Sauce; July 27th, 2014 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Spcl Sauce View Post
    I think Tony is a fan of Aquamist specifically because of its internal failsafe feature.

He was able to run a more aggressive tune because of it so Special Sauce is now pushing around 700hp / 850tq at the crank. Level 10 transmission is holding so far!

I'll take her to the dyno when the temperature drops, which in Massachusetts should be soon!
    What did it put down on EPLs dyno? Crank estimates at 700hp would only be about 525whp
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Pre-Aquamist and re-tune was 490whp/607wtq

Details on the car? Stock turbos?

Probably the easiest way to learn more about Special Sauce is to type "Sauce" into the search bar. There are about a dozen threads that already discuss her, however, I will try to post the build soon.

Ah, didn't know this is a well-known car, as you only have 4 posts. I'll check it out.

Congrats on the car. There was a time after I totaled my first RS6 that I was close to buying that car. Keep us updated!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    What did it put down on EPLs dyno? Crank estimates at 700hp would only be about 525whp
    I'd say closer to 560 at the wheel figuring max 20% drivetrain loss with the auto. You're in the ballpark power wise, maxed out on E85?

But yes, ideally the OP would put up the actual Dyno numbers, not estimated crank.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I've seen the car at EPL...and yes, Aquamist or nothing. I have a spare Aquamist kit on my shelf for my next project...whatever that is...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'd say closer to 560 at the wheel figuring max 20% drivetrain loss with the auto. You're in the ballpark power wise, maxed out on E85?

But yes, ideally the OP would put up the actual Dyno numbers, not estimated crank.
    I think an auto trans is more like 25% but who knows. Not sure what my car was putting down on e85 with no meth. I should have new dyno numbers in a few months
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    I think an auto trans is more like 25% but who knows. Not sure what my car was putting down on e85 with no meth. I should have new dyno numbers in a few months
    Nice, you should add the w/m in when you can, not for more power, but sustaining power in hot weather, works wonders on my slightly tuned car. There were some extensive threads a few years back, argument was 16-20% drive-line loss based off of stock numbers from the engine and stock dyno pulls. Of course each dyno varies, but they were in that general percentage range.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice, you should add the w/m in when you can, not for more power, but sustaining power in hot weather, works wonders on my slightly tuned car. There were some extensive threads a few years back, argument was 16-20% drive-line loss based off of stock numbers from the engine and stock dyno pulls. Of course each dyno varies, but they were in that general percentage range.
    Good to know! I will definitely be adding meth!
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

I think 25% loss is prolly a little closer to realistic
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)