Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Sauce is now in Boston

.......so funny that this car resurfaced now. I was just on the phone with Stephen the other day and he asked if I knew where it was now.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Please tell Stephen that I am taking good care of her.

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    I think 25% loss is prolly a little closer to realistic
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Spcl Sauce View Post
    Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update that Special Sauce is now living in Boston (nene, let's grab a coffee!). The only changes that I have made since I purchased her was to install an aquamist meth kit and a retune (she had snow previously and Tony at EPL strongly suggested that we upgrade). After the swap, Tony was able to run a more aggressive tune and she is now "oh my god, I might die" fast.

About me: I always wanted an RS6 because I love the blend of practicality and performance. I am not a mechanic, however, I am a "car guy" and I love the community here as everyone is helpful and supportive - unlike a lot of the other car communities who just seem to bicker a lot.

I am proud to be the new owner of Special Sauce and am glad that she is so well known here.

Ben
    How ironic, I was literally just thinking last night, "I should email Ben and see how the car is." I saw it in a EPL photo on their FB page a few months ago.

Hi Todd, how's things? She is great. The absolute most fun that I have with her is accelerating out of the toll plazas on the highway and then looking in the rear view mirror!

I get a lot of thumbs up from people who know about RS6s; Camaros and Mustangs don't even notice her; and WRXs and EVOs take pictures and just about ask for an autograph!

I'll let you know the next time we are in your neck of the woods and we can grab a coffee. Good to hear from you. Did you ever pick up a CTS-V?

Hi Todd, how's things? She is great. The absolute most fun that I have with her is accelerating out of the toll plazas on the highway and then looking in the rear view mirror!

I get a lot of thumbs up from people who know about RS6s; Camaros and Mustangs don't even notice her; and WRXs and EVOs take pictures and just about ask for an autograph!

I'll let you know the next time we are in your neck of the woods and we can grab a coffee. Good to hear from you. Did you ever pick up a CTS-V?
    Very glad to hear it! I actually decided to go with simplicity, so I bought a 40 series Land Cruiser (1968) and an E30 M3 (1988).

Definitely please do, I'd love to get a ride with the new tune.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue View Post
    Very glad to hear it! I actually decided to go with simplicity, so I bought a 40 series Land Cruiser (1968) and an E30 M3 (1988).

Todd, Great choice on the E30 M3 I've noticed that those which are in good condition are starting to go for BIG money, I enjoyed test driving Special Sauce when you brought her by my office in Tyson's Virginia. I will admit I was holding back on dropping the hammer as I did not want to frighten you or get a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue View Post
    I'd love to get a ride with the new tune.

X2 I want a ride too, Special Sauce is certainly one of a kind I recall all the time and effort Stephen put into getting that car up to spec from the guy he bought the complete Dahlback upgrade kit from ( this reportedly cost $40K in addition to the car when first owner bought it) and so on and so on.

Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update that Special Sauce is now living in Boston
    Ben, I have family in Boston's North End & visit frequently...please PM me if your nearby Boston proper and willing to indulge me in the ride would love to check the new tune.

Cheers!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Nistah, you got it. A lot of Special Sauce's build is still a mystery to me and I would love to learn more about her.

I'll send you a pm and maybe you, me, and Nene can all meet up for coffee sometime soon.

I feel like Special Sauce belongs to RS6.com and I'm just lucky enough to be her caretaker.

Some Dahlback hybrid turbos which still have the tiny stock exhaust housings. That's why the car makes a ton of low-end torque but not much more power than the typical catless RS6 with a strong tune. About 450-460 WHP but dipping under 440 WHP in the higher RPMs.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
    Details on the car? Stock turbos?
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Pre-Aquamist Dyno:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img001.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	15404

Very nice, blurry, but about 470/610? Do you know how much boost you're running?

Interesting how your torque spikes up then drops hard. Seems to happen when boost is max or more than ideal I might say. If it's a bit lower the boost seems to carry longer as the turbos don't spin out. I'll dig up my Dyno sheet.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

486/607

I'll take her to the Dyno once the temps drop and see how she does. I'm expecting a modest increase, likely 550/675ish at the wheels. Fingers crossed.

She is running 16 right now.

Sorry that the image is so blurry. I'll try and reload.

486/607

I'll take her to the Dyno once the temps drop and see how she does. I'm expecting a modest increase, likely 550/675ish at the wheels. Fingers crossed.

Nice! I was expecting more like 18-20psi with that spike, they must just spool up quick!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Sweet, a Boston area buddy! We should hang out, except Special Sauce is undoubtedly going to be a bad influence on me and my until-now-bone-stock RS6...

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I'm up for checking out Special Sauce in person anytime.
    That makes 3 RS6's in the Boston area; w00t! We should have a mini-meet
    Last edited by Turbowned; August 13th, 2014 at 02:44.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Let's shoot for lunch at Bertucci's on Mystic Valley Parkway in Medford on 30 August at around 1200ish.

As it looks right now we may have 4 RS6s present!

Let me know via pm how many are attending (wife/kids) and I'll make reservations.

Ben

If you check the dyno sheet, the turbos are already well past their efficiency range and running out of steam in the upper RPMs to the tune of ~440whp. Changing the aquamist setup and getting a retune won't help this. You need bigger turbos with larger exhaust housings if you want to get to 550whp. The problem is you really can't fit larger turbos due to space constraints.

486/607

Rats, I have to work Saturdays. What about in the evening?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

That's cool with me if it's cool with everyone else. An RS6 cruise night through Boston!