Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fighting the heat

Quote Originally Posted by SA RS6 View Post
    Ok would love to start there, can anyone tell me how to swap it out? Is it easy to get to?
    Just a hunch, but I would be wary of your mechanic. You've posted some questionable estimates and advice in the past from the same person I believe. They might know Audi's, but from what I've heard I wouldn't want them wrenching on the RS6. Again, just an interpretation, and I'm no mechanic, but seems a bit off to me...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just a hunch, but I would be wary of your mechanic. You've posted some questionable estimates and advice in the past from the same person I believe. They might know Audi's, but from what I've heard I wouldn't want them wrenching on the RS6. Again, just an interpretation, and I'm no mechanic, but seems a bit off to me...
    yea I know what you mean, that's why I posted up here before I take the leap. If it's just a simple thermo then I may question taking it to him for problem, maybe just mods.

yea I know what you mean, that's why I posted up here before I take the leap. If it's just a simple thermo then I may question taking it to him for problem, maybe just mods.
    Agreed. Have you been able to VCDS scan it yet? Would help a ton...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

i don't have vag-com, need to invest in it though. it would help a ton getting help, and know whats wrong before i take it somewhere.

i don't have vag-com, need to invest in it though. it would help a ton getting help, and know whats wrong before i take it somewhere.
    VCDS Lite (free) will help a ton. Also, you can get a code scanner online for less than $50. I've got one of those in each of my cars. Keeps the wife and kid from panicking.

I don't have a cable either, forgot to invest in one when I got the car. I do need to do that ASAP.

I used this to troubleshoot my bad MAF. It isn't great, but it isn't $350 either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VAG-409-..._Tools&vxp=mtr

Did it work good? Or can you tell it's a knock off? I'm going to get a real one soon, but if this works and can hold me over for a little I'll take it for now just to solve this issue.

It told me MAF sensor 1 was different than MAF 2.....for $10 what do you expect?

i don't expect very much for 10 bucks, but if it will help it will be a good 10 bucks spent.

You could also look at the wireless Bluetooth obd2 readers, cheap ones seem to work fine for basic codes, plus you get some extra features.

I switched from snow performance to Aquamist and still have the old snow performance kit if anyone wants it.Just pm me.