Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car is for sale. And I am motivated.

My car is for sale. And I am motivated.

$20,000 obro

You have seen the build thread. If not, it is here:
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...ersion-Project

Current list of major cons. There are minor ones too, but that will be with any old car.

800 Needs tune
    500-1000 A/C compressor needs to be removed and emptied then recharge system(high number would be if compressor gets replaced)
    350ish Starter (needs either a new starter or the bendix needs greased)
    0-800-inf Clutch started to slip (may have oil on it, may need to be replaced)

I have put about 12k worth of parts into this car over the last year. I have an excel spreadsheet with every penny spent if you are an interested buyer.

Auto transmission still available too.

I am very motivated.

Please contact me if you are interested.
    Greg
    757-955-0954
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Good luck with sale. I am reposting your link on AudiRevolution for increased exposure. Looks like a beautiful car. If I had the money I would be all over it.

Why are there so many cars sold so shortly after MT swap? I'd really like to do it someday but the track record frightens me.

It turns out to be very ummmmm "special" car. It's not as nimble as an RS4 B5. It's not too fast, it takes some effort to drive it efficiently, it can be very tiresome to drive in traffic. That being said, I have put around 2K kilometers on mine since the conversion and it's not exactly "done" yet. I'm not thinking about selling yet.

I can't speak for others, but I am just tapped out after this much time and investment. It's a great and fun car that will bring someone else tons of joy. I did the laundry. They can do the ironing. I meant it about making me an offer. I'm ready to move on. I haven't decided on a follow on. I want a Cadillac. I should get something like an Escape.

I drove an RS5 today. It was awesome but didn't feel any faster that the 6. Oh and it was 75 thousand buckaroos.

And by that analogy Steve made the clothes.

Thank you for the repost.

Quote Originally Posted by v8a6 View Post
    Good luck with sale. I am reposting your link on AudiRevolution for increased exposure. Looks like a beautiful car. If I had the money I would be all over it.

I posted this on the b5 s4 owners group on the facebooks.

sorry to see all this happen man. My only suggestion other than selling is to get her finished and enjoy it. You spent all that time and money just to have someone else enjoy it! I hope you change your mind. If not, good luck with sale!
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Thanks for the reposts and interest guys. I wish I didn't have to do this, but sea duty is coming up quickly and possibly a move. I just need something that gets me a-b with a warranty for a few years.

I think people wait until I buy a car then make these for sale. I know the cool thing to do is own two of these beasts but I cannot justify it. Good luck on the sale.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Car is sold

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    I know the cool thing to do is own two of these beasts but I cannot justify it.
    Double the cost of ownership, double the quantity of failure, double the cost of repair.... Oh, and double the amount of space to store. One for summer and one for winter!
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Double the cost of ownership, double the quantity of failure, double the cost of repair.... Oh, and double the amount of space to store. One for summer and one for winter!
    Sounds like a gum commercial...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Jibberjive is right. There has been a deposit placed. Working on the details and logistics. I bought a Kia Optima EX Hybrid. The exact opposite, but so stinking nice. I'm sure that I'll do another project someday when I get the time.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, hope to see something soon from you. Sorry for how everything turned out.
    6spd complete

Did you cut your balls off 2?

Nice purchase jibber jive!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    Jibberjive is right. There has been a deposit placed. Working on the details and logistics. I bought a Kia Optima EX Hybrid. The exact opposite, but so stinking nice. I'm sure that I'll do another project someday when I get the time.
    Is there another car in the garage that has skinny pedal effectiveness?
    'Cause I am here to let ya know that once the 4.2TT is out of the garage and something else is there, you slam the skinny pedal to the floor and your instant reaction is "Where's the Boost?!?!?"

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tacoma but as impressive and powerful and macho the plate bumper is, it seriously lacks the power (but that isn't the real point of the Tacoma now is it?).
    Wondering if a 4.2TT would fit....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Where is the boost!

My new motto.