Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacement Parts - Need Help/Advice

I think i will just stick with the stock setup for a bit and see how it rides. It will give me a good idea if the DRC was even really working as i feel if i corner hard i get a good amt of body roll right now. Also at low speeds i get a heck of a clunking out of the front passenger side. I am sure all the front end work will take care of that.

Later down the road i will put the Hotchkis kit on and can gauge the improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    I think i will just stick with the stock setup for a bit and see how it rides. It will give me a good idea if the DRC was even really working as i feel if i corner hard i get a good amt of body roll right now. Also at low speeds i get a heck of a clunking out of the front passenger side. I am sure all the front end work will take care of that.

Later down the road i will put the Hotchkis kit on and can gauge the improvement.
    Nice, my DRC was clunky around town, and scary as hell bouncy above 70 on anything not flat. I setup my koni's full soft, and it's still a firm ride, way better than what I had and very predictable. Maybe a bit soft up front when you really get on it, but most of my driving is "normal", and it's a nice firm setup. I think you've found seen the thread that 4.2crew started with lots of details. Someone posted a thread a few weeks back after install, running a few clicks from soft. Lowest rung/spring perch on the back set for even height, front height is set, and very good.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Here's how I sit now, settled a touch in the back, and some of this is perspective, maybe a 1/3 inch lower, but that might level out with me in the front seat...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6_driveway.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	15440
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice, my DRC was clunky around town, and scary as hell bouncy above 70 on anything not flat. I setup my koni's full soft, and it's still a firm ride, way better than what I had and very predictable. Maybe a bit soft up front when you really get on it, but most of my driving is "normal", and it's a nice firm setup. I think you've found seen the thread that 4.2crew started with lots of details. Someone posted a thread a few weeks back after install, running a few clicks from soft. Lowest rung/spring perch on the back set for even height, front height is set, and very good.
    Very nice, i want to get my rear down a little, as it seems to have a slight rake to it. What mounting points did you use (are there three moutning options for the rear, and only one for the front, right) for the rear to get that height. Also what rebound settings are you using?

Very nice, i want to get my rear down a little, as it seems to have a slight rake to it. What mounting points did you use (are there three moutning options for the rear, and only one for the front, right) for the rear to get that height. Also what rebound settings are you using?
    The rake in the back tends to be from the DRC not being pressurized correctly.

Front is set height. Rear has 3 perch settings, and the lowest one is where I'm at (and I think all others have used this).

I'm set on full soft all around, but it's still a nice firm ride, holds the car very well. Admittedly I don't want a firm race car like ride when most of my driving is around town/freeway. It's tempting to give the front one click towards firm to compensate for all that weight, but again it would be harsher around town. I would think that two clicks firm on the front, and one click firm on the back would be a very stiff ride, maybe others can chime in. It's so subjective though, I've been in a few stiff rides that I would never want to drive around, and the owner liked it. The only downside with these Koni's is once you set it, it's take apart to adjust, and another alignment, still not the worst.

So stupid question, when you say lowest setting on the rear it's the lowest groove on the body when it's upright. Just wanna be sure.

So stupid question, when you say lowest setting on the rear it's the lowest groove on the body when it's upright. Just wanna be sure.
    Here's the thread again just to be sure. The lowest groove from what I remember, should be clear in the manual. I go to the shop when work is being done, great to have friends in the business. Sad to say I'm a keyboard mechanic

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...-Yellow-Sports