Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Parts - Need Help/Advice

The kit just needs to fit C5 facelift cars which is 2002~2004 models. The difference is the facelift cars have an Aluminum upright and the pre-facelift cars have a steel upright.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Just trying to finish the suspension myself. I ordered the parts separately because I wanted the adjustable upper control arms. I wanted them adjustable because I went with the ST adjustable coilovers. I didn't want to spend a fortune as I'm already into Thing 3 for more than I wanted. Good thread for all the things that need to be done to an RS!

I've had to change my CV boot twice in the past year and already seeing grease on my wheels again. My car is lowered slightly on PSS9's and I do feel some clicking and vibration at full lock. I have adjustable upper control arms. Mechanic told me its unavoidable with my ride height. I want to go with raxles but will they prevent the cv boots from tearing again?
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Go with Raxles. They have held up much mo better than OEM for me. My car is lowered.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    So, is this the correct kit for the RS6, even though it doesnt list the RS6?
    http://www.europaparts.com/control-a...cmy-meyle.html
    OK, so that linked kit is not the right kit for the RS6. Spoke with Daniel at europaparts and this is what you need to get for the RS6:

But this kit but you cant use the lower straight arms (ones struts connect to), but still cheaper to get the whole kit and sell these yourself and recoup ~$160-$200 from purchase price.
    http://www.europaparts.com/control-a...0my-meyle.html

Then you need to add on 2 of these lower straight arms:
    http://www.europaparts.com/control-arm-4b3407151d.html

So total price is $795 (less what ever you can sell the wrong lower straight arms for). I thinks thats not a bad deal at all for almost everything new up front. Think i am going to get the kit, and hold off till after winter and get the Kono's too and do everything at once and get the DRC outta there.

Also, I have been talking to a few people and they are not familiar with Meyle (which the above whole kit is made up of. Not sure if they are a smaller company, or not that well known or these people are in the only put OE parts on the car group). In everyones experience here, how do these ride/hold up compared to stock? Similar ride and longevaty, or better than stock? What would be a next level up from these (more $$$ i would assume). Want to get the most bang for my buck and if these are as good/better than OE, its not that bad of a deal.

Thanks!

Raxles on both my lowered RS6s

Done

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Go with Raxles. They have held up much mo better than OEM for me. My car is lowered.

I just email the folks over at Raxles to get a quote on CV's for the RS6. I need the drivers front, but wanted a quote on fronts and backs to compare.

Here's the correct kit all-in-one, no need to try selling anything off.
    http://www.europaparts.com/control-a...dmy-meyle.html
    Couple that with a pair of 4D0422821A (Inner tie rod ends) and your control arm kit is truly complete
    If all you care about is the cost, Lemforder is europa's next-level-up, piece together a kit and it'd run about twice the cost but with no appreciable uptick in quality/longevity. I've used Meyle components in previous vehicles and been more than happy with the results.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Imho

Leave rear cv alone.

I just email the folks over at Raxles to get a quote on CV's for the RS6. I need the drivers front, but wanted a quote on fronts and backs to compare.

Thanks O.E. for that kit. Funny, they said they didnt have a kit for it. Saves the hassle of selling off the other control arms. If no real enhancement, i will go with the Meyle's then for a good price!

Dhall1, got it, leave rear CVs alone! just do the fronts. If i am doing one, is it best to just do both fronts, and keep the pass side as a spare, or wait till something goes on it? I am going to be doing control arms, so everything will be out of the way already.

Yes do both front cv

Makes me wonder what the difference is between the 151D & 151K controls arms other than the $140.00/pr

http://www.europaparts.com/control-a...dmy-meyle.html

http://www.europaparts.com/control-a...cmy-meyle.html
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

So got the quote from Raxles, not to bad. $200 per side. I'll be ordering them up!

petzl21, PM sent
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Re: control arm upper bushings

I've done a number of control arm replacements on various Audi's. If having the work professionally done, it doesn't usually add up just replacing the bushes. The outter tie rods are normally well worn. And will likely need replacement in the near future. For the DIY'er doing the work twice may be a great excuse to have more fun in the garage with an Adult Libation keeping watch.

Someone mentioned not liking Febi/Bilstein. I have used Febi and like the quality a lot, but it's hard to find a complete set. The castings are very nice, if not the best (those Germans). TRW and Lemforder are OE suspension part suppliers, however.

Meyle makes a nice kit and recently put one on a B6 S4. Great value, but not as nicely made. Keep in mind they are made in Turkey, not Germany. Great thing about Meyle is they focus on making beefy tie rod ends and uprating the bushing durometers for better handling (and hopefully longevity). Meyle also sources from China on certain items. But the quality control seems quite good.

I want to say the RS6 kit is specific (may be the bushes as someone pointed out: personally the stock front lower rear bushes are WAY too soft for my liking-- lack of toe control). Anyway, I'd have to rehash this with my sales rep to confirm. The pricing is excellent. The last kit I got included the steering tie rods and sway bar drop links with all the hardware.

I'm about due for a set of arms. Pretty sure I could finagle a "Meyle Group Buy" with several or more sets. At least it would be the correct kit.

Thoughts?
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Just ordered up a set of the Koni Yellows (Front: 82-2516sport, Rear: 82-2526sport) from tire rack. Came to $596 shipped to my door for all four. That is the cheapest that i have found (i guess they have a sale on Koni's going on thru the end of August). Also have a new set of front CV's coming from Raxels. Just have to order the front control arm kit now and she will be like new again. I cant wait to get rid of that clunking in the suspension.

So, now that i am ripping the DRC out, will i really need to get a sway bar, as the DRC helped with the sway control?

Just ordered up a set of the Koni Yellows (Front: 82-2516sport, Rear: 82-2526sport) from tire rack. Came to $596 shipped to my door for all four. That is the cheapest that i have found (i guess they have a sale on Koni's going on thru the end of August). Also have a new set of front CV's coming from Raxels. Just have to order the front control arm kit now and she will be like new again. I cant wait to get rid of that clunking in the suspension.

So, now that i am ripping the DRC out, will i really need to get a sway bar, as the DRC helped with the sway control?
    When you put in the order with TireRack, should've added the Hotchkis F&R Sways to that order. Highly recommend going that route, as the stock sways, while beefier than what you'd find on comparable B5's, are not as beefy as one would hope for on a 4400lb autobahn rocketsled...

Sounds like you're doing quite the overhaul! Would've been nice to get some slalom/grip pad before and after numbers so you can say "_THIS_ is why I spent $X,000 and ## hours wrenching!"
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Very nice. I ran the Yellows for about a year with the stock sway bars, and only noticed roll when cornering hard or on big sweepers, not much different than DRC. Ordered the Hotchkis and can't believe I waited so long, really nice improvement. You could just run the Koni's for a while, get familiar with the ride, then put the upgraded sways on, really nice reduction in body roll and stability.

The theory of the DRC loading the weighted corner is really appealing, and I felt that some of that effect, but I always questioned how well my DRC worked.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com