Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a check engine signal tonight driving home. Vag-com codes are as follows...

Got a check engine signal tonight driving home. Vag-com codes are as follows...

Address 01: Engine Labels: 077-907-558-BCY.lbl
    Part No: 4D1 907 558
    Component: 4.2l V8/5VT G 0002
    Coding: 0006752
    Shop #: WSC 02195 785 00200
    VCID: 6BDE5347491D9862AA-513C

1 Fault Found:
    16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys
    P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - MIL ON
    Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01L-927-156.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 927 156 FL
    Component: AG5 01L 4.2l5VT USA 0305
    Coding: 0000002
    VCID: 76E87233025F558A45-515A

1 Fault Found:
    17125 - Torque Converter Clutch
    P0741 - 003 - Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred

Address 35: Centr. Locks Labels: 4B0-962-258.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 962 258 M
    Component: Central Lock/Alarm D38
    Coding: 15885
    Shop #: WSC 02195
    VCID: 336E8B2701AD00A2A2-4F1E

2 Faults Found:
    01561 - Rear Left Door
    59-00 - Can't Unlock
    01562 - Rear Right Door
    59-00 - Can't Unlock

Address 56: Radio Labels: 8E0-035-1xx-56.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 035 195 N
    Component: symphony II NP2 0260
    Coding: 00221
    Shop #: WSC 85504
    VCID: 2B5E9347D99D5862EA-5072

2 Faults Found:
    65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
    08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
    65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
    08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent

Address 75: Telematics Labels: 8E0-035-616.lbl
    Part No SW: 8E0 035 616 A HW: 8E0 035 616 A
    Component: Telematik USA1
    Coding: 0002003
    Shop #: WSC 22163 444 57952
    VCID: 234E7B67E14D902252-513C

1 Fault Found:
    01531 - Emergency Battery
    002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

I suspect the first two are the ones to worry about. Anyone had these before and if so what is the suggested resolution.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Transmission

I remember this car from CA......what are the last 4 of the vin and current mileage?

CEL is from the evap code, a new N80 will solve that.

But yeah, Trans is on the way out.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

^^^^^ +1 on the N80.......sorry about the tranny code
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

I made an additional 30K on a tranny throwing a 17125 code, but it eventually just blew up....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks for the quick replies all. I will call my local indi to grab an N80 and replace that. I have an aftermarket warranty that covers my transmission so I'm actually glad it has gone (or is going) now rather than in a year as I'll push to have it replaced. I feel no issue with the car at the moment. Is this the entire transmission or the TC that will need to be replaced?
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

The TC seal is what is failing, but it puts all that junk into the trans causing it to fail down the road.

Warranty will probably just change the TC and then both the new TC and the old trans will die together later on.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    The TC seal is what is failing, but it puts all that junk into the trans causing it to fail down the road.

Warranty will probably just change the TC and then both the new TC and the old trans will die together later on.
    Yep. I think we discussed one of these scenarios a while ago. Better off driving it hard and maybe the trans will pop under warranty. I had the TC code when I bought my car, really not much to notice, slight lack of power transfer at times when low RPM's and heavy throttle.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

1 Fault Found:
    16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys
    P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - MIL ON
    Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01L-927-156.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 927 156 FL
    Component: AG5 01L 4.2l5VT USA 0305
    Coding: 0000002
    VCID: 76E87233025F558A45-515A

1 Fault Found:
    17125 - Torque Converter Clutch
    P0741 - 003 - Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred
    When my evap went, it was the charcoal canister AND the line AND the N80 (I think) AND a new gas cap = $800 @ stealership (warranty didn't cover emissions related items).
    Good luck on the 17125 but there IS HOPE! a 6 speed in your future!
    1. 1 of 1 hood
    2. EU Recaros
    3. KWv3s
    4. 6 speed

Pretty much sums it up as awesomeness!

Just a reminder that I am still first in line for this one when it comes back into F/S realm.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Just called my warranty place and will be dropping it of at a local audi indy to validate the code. My major concern is that if it is the transmission they'll want me to take it to a Mr. Transmission Centre to get fixed. Would they even know what they are getting into??

No

No

And hell no

We have covered this before

What is the vin and current mileage please. It makes a difference on what needs replaced

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Just called my warranty place and will be dropping it of at a local audi indy to validate the code. My major concern is that if it is the transmission they'll want me to take it to a Mr. Transmission Centre to get fixed. Would they even know what they are getting into??

Code is TC, not trans. Trans will throw other codes, and basically become non-functional without codes when it fails. You cannot take it to a random trans shop, they will destroy other parts of the car costing you severely as it's complex to get the whole engine out to do the TC/Trans replacement. Get that info to DHall, with any luck you've got a solid trans per his VIN tracking.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I suspect the first two are the ones to worry about. Anyone had these before and if so what is the suggested resolution.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg
    Well Greg, good news and bad news.

Bad news: ($$$)
    Agreed with all above on the first two items.
    New N80, possibly plus other stuff, hopefully just the valve. New N80, clear code, see if it comes back, if it does, further troubleshooting needed.
    Find someone doing a 01E 6-speed swap and offer $$ for their working trans/TC combo. Will be a fun weekend doing the swap. Then clear codes and keep driving, with the knowledge that you've got a backup plan if the new one grenades on you. There was an awesome thread on a full rebuild over on RS246.com, but I can't seem to find it. You may have better luck.

Good news: ($)
    Address 35: Clear code and see if it comes back in a week. If so, you may just need to lube the rear door lock carriers, you may need to replace them. Hopefully, it's just WD40 White Lithium Grease spray and you're golden.
    Address 56: Clear code, disconnect radio fuse overnight, see if it comes back. If it does, I have a serviceable SymphonyII with Bose hookup radio I'd let go pretty cheap.
    Address 75: Remove the backup battery for Onstar. IIRC, this is in the trunk on the driver side behind the panel and down near the bottom of the wheel well area. Clear code and it should never come back.

Oh, and 2nd/3rd/4th/whatever on posting mileage and last 4 of the VIN.

Good luck!
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Last 4 digits are 5214

mileage is 66000

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    No

No

And hell no

We have covered this before

What is the vin and current mileage please. It makes a difference on what needs replaced

Tell them you feel the transmission slipping when it's hot.

You need the whole shootin match. Trans and converter.

I would go so much as to pay the difference and get the reman ZF trans.

I'll most likely tell the warranty company I want to use the local Audi dealership for the transmission stuff. In the end I think I just have to pay the up lift in hourly rate as the warranty only cover up to 85/hr. I won't take it to a 'mr.transmission'. I'll keep you posted in the adventure! Thanks for all the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Tell them you feel the transmission slipping when it's hot.

You need the whole shootin match. Trans and converter.

I would go so much as to pay the difference and get the reman ZF trans.

Where is the suggested place for me to get the reman ZF trans? I tried searching but didn't find any threads that were conclusive?

There is TozoM8 (Gabor) who's on here some, I can get you his info. IPT is a few thousand more, but sounds really solid, but maybe drives rougher due to being beefed up more. There are a few others skipping my mind...