Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale: 2003 RS6 6 speed

I hear you screamin except for the "25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special" part. I am 45yr old and I enjoy a third pedal.

That being said, when the car was almost $90,000 it was an executive sedan, at less than $40,000 it is closer to becoming a 25yr old male ego car.
    Signal Green RS7

both(bigglezworth and Yetti) your points are valid, if seen through the eyes of the right buyer/person...i for one do appreciate all the hard work and money spent on the manual conversion, however i tend to appreciate more a OEM car especially when it comes to a rare bird like the RS6 C5 and i'd always prefer buying it completely stock and in a good condition, why? because i would like first to feel how the car drives and feel as original and then do any modifications.

The comparison with the B5 is not quite an adequate one, because the B5 is a different machine, more agile and lighter than the C5, therefore a manual gearbox will help it out maximizing these characteristics that it was born with it, the C5 was never meant to be a fun car in that way, it was simply designed to be a fast and luxurious cruiser with a hint of a sportiness, and that can also be fun when you're taking off so fast and still accelerating when most other cars have reached their limits, but that's it, so this is why i think a manual gearbox doesn't bring any value to the car apart from the reliability perspective, which is yet to be proven, i think is too soon to say, yes, they're much more reliable.

As for the price, it is completely irrelevant, the market for manual RS6 is only at the beginning and growing and it takes the right buyer to appreciate the mods and the new gearbox. Depends on whether he wants a piece of Audi and auto history, in which case he'd go for a stock one or easily modified or he wants what he thinks it might be a fun and fast car, in which case he will get a fast car, but the manual won't transform it in a track car or a much more fun car IMHO.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

You should drive mine. it's not just the 6 speed swap, it is all of the other mods as well. I am not saying it is a dedicated track car, it is a nice balance of performance and luxury. Although I have not taken this car to Watkins Glen it would be perfect for the 2.5 hour drive AND a day 2 romp on the track in a DE.
    Signal Green RS7

I am going to the dealer today to see about a trade, I will probably be giving the car away since there were no offers on here.
    Signal Green RS7

Curious to hear what your trade offer is...

I'm saddened by this news.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Did you ever email me?

I did email you at your AOL address. (I emailed someone's AOL address.???)

The stealership will probably offer about $14000. LOL
    Signal Green RS7

Quote Originally Posted by 716YETI View Post

$14k may be generous...depends on what you're trading for. Know a local enthusiast who couldn't get his price (was asking around $18k) for his 85k mile RS6 and he took it to Carmax and got $10.5k for it...instead of offering it for a lower price. Made no sense to me, but to each his own.

Uh dont have an AOL...might want to go back and look at that PM.

Sorry, that was someone else. I did add some pictures to post #24. I can take more pictures as well.
    Signal Green RS7

Yeti can you just email me so we can trade contact info and start talking that is more why I wanted you to send me the email before, just to get the dialog going, not necessarily the pics.

Email sent
    Signal Green RS7

Don't trade it to a dealer. I work for Langan Audi in Latham NY and what a dealer will offer will just upset you. We value all trades based on Galves and Manheim results....your mods will devalue your car to about 10-11k and it will die a slow death at the auction or get beat on by a wholesaler : (

I am still interested ...

Certain cars should never, ever, ever be dealer traded... the RS6 is one of them.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by 716YETI View Post

I sent you a pm just now.

Just to let everyone know who is interested in the car, the dealership still has not given me a number... probably not a good sign.
    If I can't get enough money for this thing it will become my winter beater even though it has never seen snow in its first 11 years of life.
    Signal Green RS7

Drive the car through winter. It will do just fine with a decent set of winter appropriate tires. Don't 'give it away' to a stealership. Criminal. If I was purchasing my first beast - or even my second for that matter - I would be dropping you a line. With three in hand though it's simply not something in my future at this stage. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down