Thread: COTA F1 pricing, grrrr, didn't think it would be cheap, but....

COTA F1 pricing, grrrr, didn't think it would be cheap, but....

Ok, I'll pay $675 for a seat, but not at a bad angle away from the track getting cooked in the sun all day. Anything with shade on the main stretch is gone, limited anyhow. Looking over the course and seating/parking/transport, all looks a bit shoddy and overpriced. Given the fact that not one F1 race this year has been competitive beyond 1st-2nd (Mercedes), not too sure about this. Plus the $200 for weekend parking, or $100 for race day. This weekend would easily cost me $2k with lodging, think I might just skip it and get some new car parts (or fix something)....

The racing really hasn't been that good, next year maybe when more teams get it figured out.

/rant

I still might go, but the more I look at seating and pricing, hmmmm, overcharging for sure!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Is it the greatest show on earth?

I don't think so. They sound like crap and it's becoming boring to watch. Actually I have watched 30 minutes this year.

Sounds like a lawnmower with a turbo. Looking around the 360 views of race day, I see a lot of sun cooked fans with a nonplussed look ("wasn't there supposed to be racing and not 2-3 cars in the lead ahead by 20 seconds?").

Would go for the whole show and all, but not getting ripped off, and don't feel like going the cheap route and schlepping around all day.

The damn box seats near a bar for $1,250 looked nice, but sold out...go big or go home I guess! The mid to low level seating just seems meh...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Had Monaco taped

I watched the first 10 laps then hit delete.

Cars look and sound slow. Honda Indy car engines sound better.

Fork to F1

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

I don't think so. They sound like crap and it's becoming boring to watch. Actually I have watched 30 minutes this year.
    Thought the same exact thing...no F1 howl!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Thought the same exact thing...no F1 howl!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Dunno lads.. Agree on the sound but the racing has been pretty good... Theres always been complaints whenever the formula has changed over the years.. but i'm giving them this season to figure it out and we'll see what they do for next year..

I think next year when some teams catch up on the turbo and fueling tech it will be closer...

We will probably just get GA tickets for Sunday and drive down in the morning. We did the whole weekend T12 the 1st year and T15 last year, just cant see paying all that $ for this year....

Race day GA tickets got cheap closer to the event last year!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I'm going to Montreal next weekend, my Dad and I go every year. This year really isn't much different than the last 2-3 where Red Bull were winning every race, or 2000-2006 when Ferrari were on top. This year it is Mercedes' turn. They're just so much more dominant that it is two races in one - which Mercedes driver will win, and then who will win out of the other 20 drivers for the last place on the podium.

I also go for the atmosphere in the city. The gathering of fans from across around the world is fantastic to be a part of. Streets are closed for parties, I have breakfast every day with Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert, and the Ferrari gathering on Saturday night is something to see for sure. Great food, great fans, great time.

The price is also better, this year I paid $460 for a trio package - I'll sit in a different grandstand every day. It also helps that I get to use hotel points and air miles so the only expense is food and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    We will probably just get GA tickets for Sunday and drive down in the morning. We did the whole weekend T12 the 1st year and T15 last year, just cant see paying all that $ for this year....

Race day GA tickets got cheap closer to the event last year!
    Good deal. We'll probably still make it, I just have to get some bitching out of my system. Seeing the cars and track will be fun, plus good excuse to hang in Austin and get some good eats.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I'm going to Montreal next weekend, my Dad and I go every year. This year really isn't much different than the last 2-3 where Red Bull were winning every race, or 2000-2006 when Ferrari were on top. This year it is Mercedes' turn. They're just so much more dominant that it is two races in one - which Mercedes driver will win, and then who will win out of the other 20 drivers for the last place on the podium.

I also go for the atmosphere in the city. The gathering of fans from across around the world is fantastic to be a part of. Streets are closed for parties,
    Agreed - Montreal is a great town, and the venue is easy to walk around. I must admit it has been a long time since I've last been there, but the memories are clear. Hope to do the same with my son in the next couple of years.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa