Thread: KW V3 Suspension Settings....

Post KW V3 Suspension Settings....

I would like to get a list put together of all the KW V3 set ups that people have on the RS6... This is what I am looking for and maybe we can all get some idea of what settings work well in which situations. I tried searching for a list and couldn't find anything.

Tire Brand/Model/Size-
    Compression-
    Rebound-
    Ride Height-

Notes on feel (subjective thoughts)-

I'd have to look up on the KW directions but on advice I used their RS6 setting but went one higher on the rebound setting and am using 19" wheels (255/35-19) tires. Currently Dunlop Sport Maxx tires but soon to be Michelin Pilot Super Sports, well before the Dunlops wear out.
    P.S. Ride almost as good as it was with fresh DRC.
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; May 16th, 2014 at 14:21.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

KWV3's checking in, ride height ~1.25" from bottomed out on the adjustment gives me ~4.5" clearance from the ground to the front bumper cover lip, and ~4" at the jack points behind front wheels and in front of rear wheels. Running bald 255/40/18 Potenza's until I can afford new Michelin PSS's in same size, stock wheels. Rode fabulously when I put winter tires on in early February (Blizzak LM-60's)
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Great input fellas... Keep it going!

Anyone else? I know there are other guys on here with KW V3 set ups! If you could help me out and post your setup specs I would be very appreciative.

We have a few threads in history

Plus 2 rebound on fronts

Just saw this....I've been chasing after a good setup on my car. Has anyone modified the body for easy rebound access?....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Had my race guy drive the car recently and he suggested 30-50% more compression and 50% more rebound on the summer wheels.

So far I've adjusted the compression within the range. The ride is FAR better, but still need to take more steps to improve it. Just ordered yet another set of tires. Will wait until they're on, before fiddling more.

Kinda miss the easy Koni Rebound only adjustment.....but I always like a challenge.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Great input. Thanks fellas. Getting the setup installed and just wanted to get a good baseline that seems to work for the masses before I start adjusting (if needed).
    Also... When does the KW V3 setup begin to fail with regards to a HP/TQ rating on our machines? Just curious if anyone has had experience with failures when putting down massive power

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha00311 View Post
    Great input. Thanks fellas. Getting the setup installed and just wanted to get a good baseline that seems to work for the masses before I start adjusting (if needed).
    Also... When does the KW V3 setup begin to fail with regards to a HP/TQ rating on our machines? Just curious if anyone has had experience with failures when putting down massive power
    From what I've read (can't speak to the higher mods in the RS), folks here who have gone all-out builds are dumping trans long before suspension. The car weighs enough to stay pretty well flat in a straight line on full-torque takeoff . If you're very concerned with pitch on takeoff/hard braking, drop $100 for spring limiters and call it a day. We have a very solid chassis, riding on very solid dampers with the KWV3.

Long story short: Your suspension is not the limiting factor for going high-power build...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Also, these suspension settings can vary with tire size, that is the feeling you want. I only went one setting higher on rebound but I'm using 19" wheels. If you were using stock size (N. America) 18" wheels (40 series) then I may have went 2 clicks higher. Also depends on what kind of roads you have around. I'm a long ways from the city (Seattle/Tacoma) and my roads are pretty smooth. Seattle/Tacoma road quality sucks and if I was to live or commute up there I may have stuck with stock size wheels and KW's original settings.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA